Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {18}

Lucky's POV:

A couple weeks later after what happened at the mall, another bad event occurred. Oh, I don't know why all this is happening, but I just wish it would all just stop and rewind back to when everyone was happy. Me. Danny. Mom. And dad. All living and spending time together. Before that horrible and mean man entered our lives and left only after destroying all our happiness. He's the one that started all the problems in our life! He is! And mom and dad's soul will only be in peace when that man is dead and rotting away in Hell!

Anyway, here's what happened tonight. I was sleeping and unaware of everything and anything that was taking place in my absence. I slept for a long time, peacefully, in my dream world. All of a sudden, I felt someone shaking me to get up, like the day before. I didn't know what to expect this time and merely thought it was only a dream. So, I shut my eyes tight and tried to go back to sleep. But, the shaking didn't stop, so I gave up and just got up. I noticed a big figure in front of me. I rubbed my eyes and tried to get a better look at it.

I leaned over and tried to flip the switch on the lamp next to me, but for some reason it wasn't turning on.

"Lucky!" a hushed voice said to me.

"Mmm?" I groaned.

"Lucky, it's me, Sam!"

"Sam?" I put my hands up and he gently took them. "Sam, what's going on? Why won't the light turn on?"

"Lucky, listen to me, alright? While you were sleeping, there's been a blackout and all the electricity went out."

"Blackout? But, there were no thunderstorms." how can this be possible.

"It's probably because of the heat." Sam answered.

Now that I think of it, I did remember today being extremely hot. I took a shower and still I was sweating.

"Where's Danny?"

"In his room. Why? What happened?"

"Look, I don't want to scare you or anything."

I was wide awake now.

"What's the matter?" I asked, getting scared.

"Look, when the power went out at my house too, I was coming over to ask if you had any extra candles or not," Sam began explaining quietly. "And when inside and going into the kitchen, I heard some noise. I went to see what it was, when I saw some guys tryin' to get into the house."

"What?!"

"Come on, we gotta go find Danny."

Sam got off the bed and I stumbled after. Sam grabbed my hand to steady me.

"Careful." he said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Look, just stick with me, alright? I don't want to be responsible for getting you hurt again!"

As we walked to Danny's room, I held tightly onto Sam's hand. I scared outta my skin. After a while, I started growing tired and my hand start slipping from Sam's. I closed my eyes for a moment and the next thing I know, I'm not with Sam anymore, I'm all alone.

"Hello," I tried calling out. "Sam?"

I crept around trying harder to look for Sam. All of a sudden, I felt someone grab me. I tried to scream, but that person had slapped their hand over my mouth, making my screams come out muffled. My eyes were still open, so I could see. I was dragged and pushed to the living room. There I saw two guys standing with small flashlights in their hands.