Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {34}

Lucky's POV:

The same day, after school, when I skipped back into my room, I plopped down onto my bed, smiling happily. I turned my head then to the side and my smile disappeared. On my desk table, there was a box that was wrapped in black paper and had a scarlet red ribbon tied on it.

I looked at it curiously, then sat up and placed it on my lap. Before opening it, I looked around for a card or anything that indicated who it was from. There was none, so I just slipped the ribbon off and then the black paper. Once I did, a small white box was present in my hands and on it, almost invisible was an even smaller note.

For my little Lucky charm, it read.

I smiled, thinking it was probably from Sam. But, when I set the note down and opened up the box, my smile faded into a frown, and the happiness in my eyes soon changed into fear and worry.

Inside the box was a...gun! The same gun that Jason had that day when he came into the house. Except it looked a little different. The gun that once had a beautiful red rose painted on it with tons of little thorns on the bottom of it, now had an accomplice - it was a four leaf clover cut in half.

I was so shocked at what I saw. In all my happiness, I had almost forgotten about Jason and his evil ways. He was probably watching me this morning, he probably still is, and what's worse is that he was watching us - meaning Sam and I.

A sudden knock on the door sent my heart flying straight out of my heart and hitting the ceiling. I quickly stuffed the gun underneath my pillow, but I didn't have enough time to hide the box and wrapping paper, because the door was already opened by.... Danny.

"Hey Lucky." he said, coming into my room.

"Hey bro." I replied, forcing a smile.

"Listen, I wanna talk to you about something."

"Sure. What is it?"

I patted the empty spot on my bed and Danny came over and sat down on it. Then I quickly took all the stuff on my bed and threw it under my bed.

"I'm really worried about you Lucky. What's up with you? Why don't you go out with your friends anymore?" Danny questioned. "Is something wrong? You know you can tell me anything."

I groaned. I knew this was bound to come at sometime, but I always tried my best to avoid it.

"Danny, I swear I'm fine!" I told him. "Please don't worry about me."

"I'm not kidding, Lucky! Did someone say something? Did Mike do something to you? Or is it Jason?!"

I gulped, I knew he was suspicious now.

"No, seriously, I'm just a little tired. I promise, it's nothing."

Danny sighed and then leaned forward and kissed my head.

"Alright, but if you ever need anything, I'll be here. And if I'm not there, then Sam will be." he said.

Just as Danny was about to turn and get up, I stopped him.

"Why do you trust Sam so much?" I blurted out.

Danny looked down, then back up at me a few seconds later.

"I don't know, I guess it's because we've been friends for so long and he really takes good care of you. He's like another brother for you and he can be trusted, unlike some people."

I nodded my head, thinking over what Danny just said and while I did, Danny left the room. After that, without thinking I plopped my head down on my pillow. I had forgotten I had put the gun there and quickly jerked my head off of it. I sighed and reached for it, taking it out and examining it some more. Then I placed it in my secret stash and left it there, thinking it could be of some use.

My happy day was now ruined because of Jason and his little gift. How could he do this to me? Why was he still after me? Well, I knew the answer to that -- it was because I was the only girl that hasn't slept with Jason yet and he wants revenge from that, -- but I just couldn't believe that was the only reason.

"Oh, Sam!" I groaned. "I'm so sorry, but I have to do this."

Because of Jason's threatening message, I have to once again to something that I'm going to regret.