Epilogue

Rhyett's Point of View

I sat in the white metal chair, it was shaped in a delicate design as Maverick sat across from me pouring himself a glass of red wine.

I had no clue he liked wine. He was the whiskey type.

I inhaled the fresh air of Santorini in Greece. The flowing breeze like a soft warm wave that danced around so sensually. The layered houses and architecture that sat above mountains meeting the blue ocean water was like something from a dream as we sat high up in an intimate restaurant overlooking the view.

He brought me to Santorini.
As far as first dates go this was the best one.

"I would pour you a glass but..." he shrugged smiling "you know." He nodded and then I smiled.

"I do know." I said said leaning in as he took a sip from his glass and then stared at me.

"What?" I questioned, smiling silly.
"You're absolutely stunning." He said that so confidently as my smile turned shy. "Thank you." I said as he acknowledged it with a cheeky but kind grin. He then glanced at the candle in a glass that sat between us on the table, and lit it with his mind.

I looked up at him, just admiring his face for a moment. He had the most perfect features a strong jaw, sharp nose, bow shaped lips and deep alluring eyes that anyone could get lost in forever,

Ask me, I'm already gon...I have been for a while and I refuse to be found.

"Are you daydreaming about me baby?" He said with laughing eyes that were now slightly closed as he snapped me out of it and then I laughed.

"I am not!" I lied.
"You know I'm right here right? No need to daydream...I'm already yours." He smirked.

"I know but sometimes I like to look at you and appreciate you." I said nervously as he took another sip from his wine glasses and then pushed himself back into his chair, leaning on it to have it support him up. He killed the appearance of prim and proper Maverick. At this point, I think his sleeked back hair was the only thing keeping that vision alive, "Okay go ahead, daydream then." He looked at me up and down in a flirty way and then I laughed.

Why was that attractive.

"You can take the boy out of Changs but you can't take Changs out of the boy." I said referring to his current demeanor and then he burst out in laughter.

Oh god, I love when he laughed like that. It's seldom where he laughs because he thinks somethings genuinely funny.

He pulled himself up and then leaned forward "talking about Changs. He sent me a voice message last night begging me to take my job back because he misses me." He said slightly amused.

"That's the cutest thing ever," I said as I pushed my bottom lip out "but baby when did you quit?l" I laughed and was a bit curious.

"When we broke up." He nodded "I was never planning to come back, so I went over to Chang's and quit my job." He looked into my eyes and then said "I went into school, spoke to the main man...told him I'm not coming back and that I'm dropping out," He said "the principle was obviously shocked because I'm an A+ student and we went back and forth discussing the rest of my academic year...but then I told him that I have family things that I need to sort out and he understood." He said almost sadly but tried to hide it and then my eyes switched to protective mode as my heart jump in as well.

"Hey, remember...you didn't choose this life it just happened and I know you love school and I know NYU was your dream and it's fucked up that you don't get to have that," I felt my eye begin to well up "and that I don't get to have you." I said sniffing a little pushing back my tears.