3. Reintroduction

Rhyett's Point of View

Where is it!?

My mind speaking in annoyance as I rushed through the living room of my apartment wearing one shoe, the blinds were wide open as the sun shone brightly inside as if to greet me with its happiness and rays of bliss but I was feeling anything but.

"Token, have you seen my other shoe?" I said speaking to the fury black creature in front of me, she completely ignored me and meowed at me before walking off into my bedroom.

Great, not only am I forgetful but now I'm crazy too for thinking my cat would respond.

I turned the music of my stereo louder as my favorite song had played next from my morning playlist. I slowly swayed to the beat.

It's got to be here somewhere, I wore them last night when I went out to get late night dinner at Chang's.

I breathed in deeply and then cupped my hand to my forehead accepting that I was about to be late,

Those are my favorite sneakers and I refuse to leave without them, plus they really match this outfit and I'm not about to change.

"Token! Come on speak! I know you can speak, where are they!?" I yelled having a one sided argument with my cat and then kneeled down to the laminated wooden floors to press my face to the surface of it as my eyes scanned beneath my couch.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Okay, I'm going to put on my vans and I'm going to leave.

I was stern as I picked up the bottle of red wine and the glass I had used to finished it, and tidied up before I was about to get my vans, I took my one shoe ass-self and went into my bedroom to get them and then I heard the faint sound of my phone ringing from inside that was drowned out by the music.

You've got to be kidding me!

I rushed back into my lounge and then saw his name appear on my screen, white bold letters that had made my stomach drop. I picked up my phone from the couch and then hastily rushed over to my stereo to completely turn the music off.

I cleaned my throat and then answered.

"Hey." I said sweetly, tucking my hair behind my ear, a little out of breath.

"Hi." I could feel him smiling,

And now we're both smiling,

Okay it's silent. It's turning awkward now. Rhy say something!

I was frazzled.

"I-" I was about to but then he cut me off with his words. "You got a lift to school?"

"Yeah, I mean I'm driving myself." I said in no mood to take my pink bicycle anywhere today although it would cut traffic time, but I'm not showing up to my new school on my first day on a pink bicycle.

I then walked into my bedroom in attempt to multitask by changing my shoes and talking to Xander at the same time.

"And that's dope that you're independent, but it's your first day and I'd be honored to drive you." He spoke with such charm and then I smiled rolling my eyes "Plus this weekend was great and I kinda want to spend more time with you, you know away from Beth and the gang." He said and then I exhaled thinking about it for a moment.

"You do know that you're seeing me tonight right? Our date?" I was silent for a moment "or did you forget?"

"No of course not, I have a date with the mysterious and kinda sexy, one and only Rhyett Charlie Willow, how could I forget that."