29. Creep

Rhyett's Point of View

"Jack seems nice." I shrugged as I sat at a small round, dark brown wooden table having Nix sit across from me. He had a beer in his hand while I drank a vodka cranberry drink.

He had ordered it for me, and honestly it's not bad.

I took a small sip while he rolled his eyes. "This Jack geezer seems fucking boring." He had a straight face using his UK lingo "You belong with my brother. You're good for him and he's good for you." He nodded and then took another sip from the beer bottle.

"And you belong with Talia, but that's none of my business." I rolled my eyes playfully and then he had almost chocked catching himself from coughing out the liquid in his mouth,

He swallowed and then smiled "Talia just can't keep her fucking mouth shut now can she." He spoke but almost to himself "What did she say?" He asked with curious brows leaning in towards me.

"I'm not telling you a thing. You wanna know? You go ask her yourself." I played as my lips hinted a smile.

"Come on love, you and I are in The Secret Keepers Society," He shrugged leaning back "the handbook clearly states that we keep secrets from everyone else but never from each other. I think you need to re-read your copy. It's on page one." He laughed lightly and then I smiled before taking another sip of my drink.

The music then shifted up as the live band switched to another group. I suppose their slot time was up.

A girl and a guy walked onto the small stage as he carried an acoustic guitar while she found her place behind the mic.

He began to play.

"You obviously still like her. You should talk to her." I encouraged him but then he pulled a weird face.

"I did," he was serious "when I pulled her into the soul realm."

"No" I laughed "like call her, or meet her somewhere and actually talk about things not related to you needing a favor." I tried to give him advice "ask her how her day has been and what's been new and exciting in her life."

He laughed "That sounds fucking lame."

We heard the band do a cover of Radiohead's Creep.

"Fine! Then go the rest of your life thinking about her, because clearly you're not going to make the first move." I shrugged and then he narrowed his eyes to think for a minute.

"Okay fucking hell, I'll think about it." His eyes shifted from me onto the couple preforming. "I hate when people attempt covers of such classic songs, like leave that fucking shit alone. Let it just exists in the universe being its raw form of art." He seemed annoyed.

And I actually agreed.

"Yeah, and I get people feel inspired by it, but sometimes we just have appreciate it and let it be." I pulled a face "the song is a masterpiece, it really shouldn't be messed with. There's a reason why it's so popular, it's because...it's so authentic no jumpy, showy vocals and fancy tricks. It's just real and honest."

"Fuck yeah! I fuck with what you're saying." He still stared at them "what are you doing next year after you graduate?" He asked but he was hesitant.

He looked as if he wanted to take his words back but he had already said it.

I then felt my phone vibrate once which meant it was a text.

"Hold that thought." I said to him politely as I pulled out my cellphone to see Addison's name in bold, Kenzo's wife.