14. Intruder

Rhyett's Point of View

I stood with a face of complete terror intertwined with sparks of fear as my mood had dripped with consternation.

I clenched my towel as if I could wrap its material tighter around me than what it already was. My bare feet pointing directly at Nee York's Lucifer before me.

I swallowed as he smiled and then stopped playing the guitar to think for a moment "you know I actually recorded a cover of this song with Lana Del Rey. She's a real talent. Maybe I should release it." He diminished his eyes as he had contemplated that as I stood watching him with eyes of an owl, but I couldn't move and this time not because he had spelled me not to,

Not that he could,

But because I couldn't believe that he was in my fucking apartment.

"How did you-" I began to say but then he had finished my sentence.

"Get inside?" He laughed and then placed my guitar down beside him on the couch "come on we've been over this, witch equals magic." He said and had then decided to look at me from head to toe, scanning me with his eyes of lust.

I still couldn't speak, my throat was dry and frankly I was scared, but I had to stand up for myself, so I had say something.

"Get the fuck out!" Okay maybe that was a little too brave, but then again I was still wearing the protection necklace that Maverick had given me.

"I get it..." He nodded ignoring my demand as I still stood frozen "why he's so attracted to you. You're gorgeous, love." He smiled, but I felt dirty as he keep staring at me like that.

"In fact. I think you want to kiss me because you find me hot too. Maverick won't mind and you won't tell him." He shrugged and then said words I didn't understand, words I was scared of,

I've heard them before. That spell. What a piece of shit.

"Come over here and kiss me Rhyett. You want you to, you will not fight it and you will enjoy kissing me." He said instructing me like he did before,

What a sick fuck.

That's practically sexual adult and unfortunately I would know, but I don't want to think about that.

I felt bile run up my throat as if it wanted to be free. I pushed it down.

"Kiss you!? Over my dead body! Get the fuck out before I call Maverick!" I said in a hurry, It was weird how my first instinct was to want Maverick to save me and not anyone else.

He cocked his head back as he was confused and in shock, and then his eyes trailed along my neckline as he stood up with exasperation lingering deep in his eyes.

"Nice necklace. Maverick really does know how to be one step ahead." He nodded "Talia's work I'm assuming."

He stepped closer slowly closing the big gap between us as I stepped back holding up the can and then he laughed "really a can? That's the best you got?"

He now had playfulness in his eyes as he had shut my blinds with the raise of his hand and had snapped to turn on every light in my apartment.

"Didn't you threaten to call Maverick?" He pretended to be confused. "Go ahead get your phone, call him." He said seriously but I didn't try to do this. He stopped dead in his steps and tilted his head to the side.

"Lets be real, Maverick is honestly to drunk to even walk straight at this point, but more importantly even if he could, do you think he still cared enough to come running?" His accent thick in the air as that comment had stung, he knew that Maverick and I were not on speaking terms.