12. Goodnight Maverick

Rhyett's Point of View

Kenzo and I stood in Maverick's lounge as we both stared at him, he seemed a lot better after drinking the green stuff Kenzo had given him,

When Kenzo arrived at the rink he used his doctor status to his advantage and quickly slipped Maverick the green stuff and then drove Maverick home, leaving me to drive Maverick's car because we couldn't just leave it there.

"I need to go and you need to rest." He nodded at Maverick who seemed like he just wanted to go to bed "be careful with your powers, ascending takes your powers to a whole new level, you might even unlock some secrets when playing around with it. But for the next few days...lay off the flames they'll be harder to control." He said informatively,

Before glancing at me.

"You staying here with him tonight?" He asked and then my eyes grew big. "No, I just wanted to make sure he was okay. We're friends I'm seeing Xander, he's seeing Beth." I explained and then Kenzo laughed.

"I miss my teenage years." He said smiling "I have to go, I'm working a night-shift. Thank you for taking care of my brother," he glanced at me and then at Maverick "and you, no powers until your body has fully ascended."

Maverick rolled his eyes and then groaned "Okay Professor Dumbledore, get the fuck out now! I want to go to bed!"

"Goodnight." Kenzo smiled and then opened Maverick's front door to leave, shutting it close behind himself.

I then watched Mavs roll over on his couch as he faced his back towards me. That was my cue to leave too.

I picked up my cellphone and keys from his coffee table where all of his hockey gear was was laying and then walked towards the door, I slowly turned the knob and then stopped dead in my steps at the sound of his voice.

Maverick's Point of View

"Where do you think you're going?" I groaned as I heard her trying to open my front door. I didn't want her to leave,

Only Kenzo, because he was fucking annoying.

"Home." She said and then I turned around to face her.

Her eyes were confused and I just wanted her to stay. I felt drunk but I didn't have one sip of alcohol. It probably had something to do with that witchy shit Kenzo made me drink.

"Do you have to go?" I asked. Please say no.

"I mean..." she began.

"No?" I pushed.

"No." She shook her head and then I smiled small "will you watch movies with me?" I asked almost shyly and then she laughed.

"Only if I get to pick the movie." She smirked and then walked toward me on the couch, putting her phone back onto the coffee table as I had stood up almost forcing myself,

My body felt fucking weird and I know I should be resting but I wanted to fetch blankets from my room. I wasn't planning to sit with her on the couch,

So instead I was preparing for the floor.

I heard her phone vibrate as I had walked passed my coffee table only to see Xander's name pop up on the screen, it was a phone call.

I picked it up.

She glared at me.

"Rhyett's phone. How can I help you?" I smirked and then she mouthed "give it!" As I had ignored her while Xander responded.

"Maverick." He laughed "you seem a lot better."

And you seemed great when you and Rhy were holding hands.