39. Jackett

Rhyett's Point of View

"Come one, what you waiting for?" Jack smirked as the fullness of the moons white feathery light rested on us as if it was kissing the surface of our skins.

The water of the lake was still and motionless as if it too was in awe of the moon, absorbing its glory.

"I'm wearing heels! I'm not getting in the damn boat." I protested as Jack sat in the row boat for two, that rested on the water beside the pier of the lake.

The party was still vibrant and alive as guests swam in the water and danced on the pier, drinking and having a laugh.

I had led Jack out to the lake area so we could get away from the overbearing fullness of the party, and just focus and talk in a comfortable setting,

But I did not sign up to get into the row boat, this was obviously his idea and I was not dressed for this.

"Rhyett..." he shook his head as he pulll the oars up and pushed them through the circular holes on each side "where is your sense of adventure?" He took off his denim jacket and then pulled his hoody up as his white t-shirt got stuck in its material, revealing his abs beneath before he had pulled the hoody over his head and then pulled his t-shirt back down, neatening it. "Come on, take your heels off. I'm literally wearing fresh sneakers but I'm in the boat." He shrugged staring up at me as I glared down at him from the wooden pier that held me up, my arms folded over my chest as I sighed.

"Why can't we just take a walk or sit on the bench and talk?" I questioned and then he laughed.

"Because that's boring...come on, I'll row us out so we can have more silence, less noise and we can hear each other clearly. We can focus on the conversation without drunk people interrupting us and potentially throwing up anywhere close to where we are." He folded his clothes neatly and then tucked it down onto the corner of the boat for safe keeping.

"Come on." He said now giving me his full attention as he smiled and then I rolled my eyes.

This was stupid, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be willing to get out of the boat after already making himself so comfortable,

Maverick might think it's weird, but then again he'll probably prefer it because that would mean that he could keep a close eye on Jack, knowing exactly where we were with no crowds of people blocking us from his vision.

Plus I think Jack would be less likely to try anything knowing we were out in the open for everyone to see.

"Fine." I gave up and the bent low to unbuckle my heels, pulling them from my feet and then he held out his hand instructing that I gave them to him so he can put it with his clothes.

"Nice toes." He smirked looking at my feet and then I rolled my eyes as I had handed my shoes over.

He moved himself over to the edge of the boat closer to the pier and then said "you can use my shoulder for support to help you get in." He was being a gentlemen but it felt like a subtle flirt.

"No thanks I'm good." I smiled thinly and then climbed inside of the boat and sat myself down, facing him.

He opened his legs so I would have room to put mine. I stretched them out and then crossed one foot over the other.

He smirked as he glanced at me for a moment longer than I liked and then licked his lips still grinning like an idiot "okay." He sniffed as he placed his hands on the oars and began to row.

I felt movement from below the boat as we slowly drifted above the water while he motioned us deeper into the lake.

Tonight was a beautiful night, the water was still and there was less than a slight breeze on this warm but cool night.