4. Answers

Rhyett's Point of View

So Maverick was Beth's..almost boyfriend. I know that now,

but today was just weird, he didn't talk to me at lunch and practically ignored me for the entire day.

All he did was smoke cigarettes, take notes in class, whisper the correct answers to himself in biology about the properties of phospholipids,

But kept it to himself, when Mr Kane was basically begging for class participation.

He's smart,

I thought as I pulled the strap of my dress up, to have it sit comfortably and light, like a feather landing on my shoulder while I had neatened it as I stared into the mirror I had pressed up to a wall in my lounge area.

Yes, maybe I had sat during biology observing him but it was the only class we had together that only him and I were in, out of my group of my new found friends,

Beth's friends.

He's smart whether his a dick or not. I mean I can sure use that brain for the bio test we apparently had to take this Friday. I'm not really good at biology, I'm not the worst but I'm not the greatest either,

Mature responsible me would probably choose to say home tonight to study for the up coming test but the me that likes to live on the edge wasn't planning on opening one book tonight.

"I really like the this red one." I spoke to my cat who kept passing in and out of my living-room and bedroom. I did a little twist, wondering if Xander would like it too,

We did have a date tonight and honestly I was excited I hadn't been on a proper date in like a year but that's only because I hate Californian boys, all they care about is posting shirtless pictures on Instagram and trying to promote either their rap career or dream of being a fitness model.

Shallow isn't really my type,

Xander was refreshing and new, and for God's sake he could hold a conversation without talking about himself for 20 minutes or checking his phone every 5.

I'm sure this dress looks okay. I glanced at myself one more time and then at the other 3 options I had laying on my lounge floor in front of me.

The dress I currently had on was a silk, wine red wrap dress with a deep v-neck.

Maybe it's a little too much, it screams boujee dinner date at the Polo Lounge in the Beverly Hills Hotel, but this was New York and I wanted to go with a more "city girl on the town" look.

Maybe the blue jeans, silk shirt with gold jewelry and my hair tied in a low bun would be kind of cute,

Or maybe-

I noticed a figure in the corner of my eye as if I had seen a ghost catch my attention, I pulled myself to look across the narrow street into the apartment of Jimbo himself. He plopped himself down onto his couch and kicked his feet up to rest it on the coffee table he owned.

In his one hand was a bowl of popcorn and in the other was the remote control of his TV. He clicked a few buttons and almost threw the remote beside him having it saved by his seemingly comfortable couch cushion.

He picked up one popcorn and then tossed it in the air, before catching it in his mouth and then I rolled my eyes,

I hate how people like him can just chill and don't have to worry about studying for a test, he's probably the type to study the day before, and be upset when he gets a 98.

We all know the type.

I watched him laugh at the TV, a laugh that was purely real and had probably hurt his stomach and then I narrowed my eyes,