Chapter 4

When he closed the door, I looked for my phone, and still couldn't find that piece of shit. I palmed my forehead.

What have I gotten myself into. I'm married to a singer. I wonder did we get a marriage license, if we didn't , shit this marriage ain't real.

I went to find where August was. He was talking to someone at the door.

" Man I wasn't thinking " he said turning around to look at me.

" what is your name sweetheart" this man said he was a white man so I figured he was his manager. He motioned me to sit at the couch.

" C-Cindy " I was a little embarrassed.

" well for the looks of it August, you guys are married"

" hold on, did we even get a marriage license, cause shit . If we didn't we don't have to worry about anything" I said.

The man took a deep breath.

" sadly sweet heart, you guys did, well you guys was at Vegas and some way Yall made it here, at the wedding, you guys signed a paper. You can't get a divorce but I can make a arrangement "

Type of shit is this.

" what's the arrangement" me and August said together.

" You have to stay together for a year, then you can get a divorce" he said putting his jacket on.

" you guys have to stay together, but August doesn't live here he stays in Cali. So you will move to Cali with him"

" wait , I can't leave here" I said.

" you don't have any other choice" I couldn't stop thinking about mama .

" if I have to leave here , my mama have to go to"

" well we can get her a house out there" I shook my head no.

" what you mean no" AUGUST said finally speaking.

" she has cancer, she's getting weaker, so can she stay there with us" I asked doubtfully.

I can't believe I'm in this fucking situation.

" man ok, anything else we have to know"

" I ha- "

" have what" August yelled in frustration. I took a step back and eyed his ass.

" I have a three month old baby, and you need to lower your tone I don't know what the fuck you think this is" I said grabbing coat.

" and Yall asses coming with me to get my Child let's go" I said stepping at the door to be yanked back.

" damn let me get my shoes" August said running to put his slides on, his manager shook his head. I guess he can't believe any of this.

We made it too mama Jenkins house in no time.

I was bout to get out until I saw that August was on his phone and his manager.

" Get your asses out the car" I said taking their phones and putting it in my purse.

" type of shit is this dawg" August said getting out the car.

I rolled my eyes, I don't even know this nigga , he's a stranger to me and also Corriyan.

I pulled out my key to get in the house. I walked in the house to see Corriyan crying.

I ran to pick her up, it seems as she haven't been changed since I left her.

" Can o-one of you get her please" I said choking my words.

I went to go look for mama Jenkins. I went in all of the rooms, until I reached her room.

She looked so pale and weak .

" mama " I cried.  I heard Corryian in the back and August I looked to see him having Corriyan.

" I've been waiting for you baby girl" I heard mama say.

" shhh, don't say anything just listen. " I nodded my head to see the tears streaming down my face.

" I been weak for a while lately, I been staying longer for you and baby c ... im sorry I didn't change her I could barely move." She said looking me with a little smile.

" let someone take care of the both you. I love you Cindy, your the daughter I never had. Please do right. That young man who has Corriyan don't leave his side baby girl he's going to need you eventually" I nodded my head but the little does she know.

" I love the both of you, be good" she said looking at me with her eyes closing a little.

" Mama " I yelled .

" don't leave me . You the only person I have . Your the only person me and Corriyan have"

" I know baby but my time has come" she said grabbing my hand.

I hugged her lifeless body, I can't believe I'm in this world on my own.

I cried on her shoulders, I don't know how I'm going to get out of this.

I felt someone grab me by my waist, I hugged that person. I looked up to see its August, he looked so emotional. I couldn't help but cry on his chest.

" call the police " he said. I shook my head.

After the police came and got mama body, I got August to get our things. We didn't have much, but still. We're going to have mama funeral in Cali, since she really don't have anyone out here like me.

We made it back to August place, I grabbed Corriyan.

" what's her name " he asked, he finally spoked.

" Corriyan" I said quietly. She looked at me, and smiled. She's the only reason I do the things I do.

" is the father Around " he asked eyeing her.

" She doesn't have a father" I said getting up.

I don't feel comfortable around him to tell him my business even if we are married. This shit is a Arrangement .