Chapter 27

A couple hours later I woke up snuggled to August's chest. I really feel complete being in his arms.  Sometimes I wonder why God send so many challenges in my life and I have had so many ups and downs That it's ridicule and I have a daughter to care about , and to protect as well.

" what your thinking about " I heard August whispered in my ear.

" a lot of things " I said looking off .

" you want breakfast " I asked making my way to grab my Nike slides.

" yeah ma' make sure you make some waffles you make some fye ass waffles" he said turning over. I don't understand how could you make some fye ass waffles and all my ass is doing is putting it in the waffle maker. I shook my head and made my way to Corryian's room. She was sleeping so peacefully.

Last night was a full blown and was so new too me. I didn't even have a father because my stupid ass mother lied, why would she lie about something like that I asked myself . It hurts to know that my father has a whole new life , way better than my life was . I only hope God does things for a reason.

I went down stairs to cook breakfast and after I was done I called August down to get his food.

When he came down he look zone out, he barely touched his food but this nigga ask me to make my fye ass waffles and he haven't even touched them.

I put my fork down and look at him.

" August what's wrong " he shook his head like nothing was wrong.

" why are you lying to me " I asked .

" it's nothing man" I shrugged it off and went to put my plate up .

" this the day my brother lost his life , I just miss him " he said laughing.  I was taken back for a moment.

" at least you had someone to look up to  and be there for you through the hard times, it's good too miss and think about him. But your taking care of your Nieces like their yours, and they love you dearly . Be happy " I said walking to Corryian's rooms .

I know he's sad and hurting , and I know it hurts , but sometimes you just have to tough it out . I looked at my phone to see him post pictures of mel, it was sweet and nice but this is a new journey for me and my life , August already been through hell and back but I don't think it was like mines .

Comment and vote 😊