The Powers Within Pt. 2

Felicia: Again. And this time, not arguing.

Stella: Then tell Sun to stop being a jerk!

Sun: At least I'm not shocking everyone!

Jericho: Can the two of you stop bickering and focus on the obstacle course?

Felicia groaned as she watched the three teens bicker at each other. It had been a few days and she could see them start to grow more frustrated during their training. She thought back on her training days with the Program and the Strikers. Suddenly, she had an idea.

Felicia: That's it, everyone come here.

The three kids sighed and walked over to her.

Cat: You three are getting frustrated with each other. I can see it.

Jericho: We haven't gotten any stronger. What have we even been doing?

Cat: Training doesn't necessarily mean getting stronger. As a matter of fact, your father used to train to learn new moves and get better. As he got his powers, he changed his training to learn to adapt to new situations.

Sun: What are we adapting to? We've just been fighting each other.

Cat: Which is why we are going to be trying something new. It's time we change our gears and we do things the Strikers way.

Jericho: The Strikers way?

Stella: Is that the team you and Dad were on?

Cat nodded.

Cat: Unfortunately, I'm the only Striker on Earth right now but that doesn't mean the former Strikers aren't. You guys ready to meet your grandpa?
-----------
Quentin yawned as he scrolled through his phone looking at memes. He was waiting around for his confirmation from Frank for the next mission which would take place in a week. He was just leaning against the wall in the hall outside of the briefing room where Frank and Moon were talking about the mission.

Quentin wore a simple purple shirt under a green button up which was left open. He also wore a pair of light colored jeans and sneakers. Square glasses rested on his face but they were specially created by him. His helmet's hub could be displayed and he could activate his drones with them.

Daisy: Hey Quen.

Quentin looked down the hall to see Daisy heading his way.

Quentin: H-Hey.

He was still a bit awkward around her but he tried his best to try and get comfortable since they had to see each other often. She worked in the Inhuman department which was just down the hall so their paths crossed often. She also offered a hand with Mockingbird whenever they were free.

Daisy: I like the shirt. Really highlights the muscle.

Quentin laughed awkwardly. There was that to. She wasn't very subtle about flirting with him. At first, it was strange since he had just ended things with Riri and left the Avengers but now, it was just a normal thing.

Quentin: T-Thanks. I b-bought it the o-other day.

Daisy: I really like those colors. I think they suit you.

Quentin: They w-were my sister's f-favorite colors.

Daisy smiled as she leaned against the wall next to him.

Daisy: Hey, I got the night off so, if you're not too busy, maybe we could grab dinner. I can buy the wine.

She winked which made Quentin smirk a bit.

Quentin: S-Sure. It's a d-date.

Daisy smiled brightly and nudged his arm before continuing her way down the hall.

Daisy: Can't wait. I'll text you the details.

Quentin waved as he looked at his phone.
------------
Stella: It's so cold here.

Cat: Welcome to Canada kids.

Viv: The temperature is -5°.

Jericho: My kind of weather.

While Jericho looked right at home, Sun and Stella were shaking from the cold as Cat drove down the frozen street. Viv was in the passenger seat of Robbie's car which they borrowed.

Sun: Why does grandpa live out in the middle of nowhere?

Cat: He has a lot of enemies. He also likes his solitude.

Viv: This will be the second time I have met Victor.

Cat laughed at that. Victor only know Felicia, Doreen, and Tandy. He had only met Viv once before when Felicia and Molly went to go visit him. Nadia had never met him since the opportunity never arose. Cat pulled up to the secret road that would lead to the cabin and drove up the path. She finally parked and everyone hopped out.

Victor: Why do you keep bridging kids here? I don't want want any more kids.

Cat smiled as the large man looked at the group from his seat on the porch. Pancake was sitting nearby but shot up when he heard Cat's voice.

Cat: It's about time you meet some kids.

Victor sighed as he stood up and walked down the steps. He slowly approached the group but came to a stop when he saw them.

Victor: Why do they look like my son? What is this?

Felicia: Victor, these kids are Y/N's.

Victor: Hm. I see.

Viv: They were genetically created using his DNA by Hydra.

Victor looked at the kids and Cat could see him try to hold back his emotional buildup. The kids looked at him and seemed slightly intimidated by his appearance.

Victor: So these kids are, my grandkids?

Cat: Yep.

Victor walked over to them and smiled.

Victor: It's, nice to, meet you all. My name is Victor. I'm your grandpa.

Jericho and Sun were still hesitant to say something but Stella stepped forward with a wide smile.

Stella: Hello. My name is Stella. These two are my brothers. Jericho and Sun. Mom said that you were going to help us get better.

Victor: Did she now?

Victor looked back at Cat who winked back.

Victor: Right. I guess I can see what I can do. You three better be ready to put in the work.

Sun: Bring it on!

Victor could see the fire in his eyes. The same fire that his son had. Even Jericho smirked at the idea.

Victor: But first, anything else I should know?

Viv: Nadia is pregnant.

Victor just nodded.

Victor: I'm going to be kicking my son's ass when he gets back.

Cat: You and me both sir.