Monster World Pt. 1

You and Arthur had been walking down the dark road for what seemed like hours before you sighed.

Y/N: I really wish I had my flames right now.

Arthur just rolled his eyes. You walked a bit more before you heard something approching the two of you. You both stopped and turned around to see a horse emerge from the darkness. As it got closer, you realized it was pulling a carriage with a man dressed in all black holding the reigns. You and Arthur stepped to the side as the man stopped. You couldn't see his face but judging on his voice, he must have been old.

Man: Ye two are brave to be transversing these road so late at night.

You and Arthur looked at each other confused.

Man: Hop on. I'll give ye a ride to the village.

You hesitated for a second before shrugging. You stepped on the wooden platform and Arthur followed. You both sat down on the bench as the carrage moved forward.

Man: So what brings ye to this place?

Y/N: Looking for a, uh...

Arthur: Something strange.

Man: Ye will find that there are many strange things here. Creatures that roam the night. Demons, witches, monsters.

You and Arthur looked at each other.

Man: I would advise ye to avoid from straying from any path ye may walk.

Y/N: Thank you for the advice.

The man chuckled before he coughed.

Man: I doubt the two of ye would be in much danger with those fancy weapons ye got.

You looked at the handle of your blade while Arthur looked at his wrists.

Man: If I didn't know better, I would say ye were Hunters.

Arthur: Hunters?

Man: Aye. Those who bravely travel to the dark forests to hunt down those horrible beasts. Good coin.

So this was a world filled with monsters and such. Interesting. Suddenly, there was a howl in the air which caused the horse to freak out. The man grabbed the reigns as a bright orb suddenly hit the ground nearby.

Arthur: An ambush?

Y/N: Maybe. Let's go.

You pulled out your blade and leaped out of the carrage with Arthur close behind. He aimed his wrists at the tree line while you moved to the front to protect the man. You looked around slowly to see if you could see anything out of the ordinary. You didn't have your senses to help you out here.

Arthur: You see anything?

Y/N: I got nothing.

Suddenly, there was a growl. You turned just as a large wolf like creature lunged at you. You lifted your blade to block his claws as it pushed down on you. You used your strength to start to push back before you noticed another thing come from the shadows. It was a cloaked figure that looked at Arthur.

Y/N: Watch out!

Arthur turned around just as the figure dashed forward. It suddely opened it's mouth and released a powerful sonic scream that flung the bolts from Arthur's wrist right back at him. He was quick to dodge it as you finally pushed the wolf off of you. You held your sword up for an attack but another orb fell from the sky. You rolled away and looked up to see another attacker hovering in the air. It looked to be a witch of somekind who was riding a broom.

Y/N: A witch?

Man: She doesn't like being called that.

You turned around just as the old man released a powerful blast of some kind of magic which launched you into a tree. You held yourself up as the man removed his hood. You watched as his old appearance slowly turn younger. Your eyes widened when you realized who it was.

Y/N: Quentin?

Quentin dropped his cloak to reveal a green vest over a purple dress shirt along with brown trousers.

Quentin: I will admit, ye two lasted longer than I would have thought. No matter.

You suddenly found your hands caught in webs. You looked back to see two figures in the trees. Arthur was fairing much better. The screaming figure was now accompanied by a stitched up version of Laura and an fairy.

Y/N: The hell is this?

Arthur: If you have a plan, bow would be a great time to do something!

You quickly thought and released a large blast of electricity which freed you and got you some space. You leaped over to Arthur and the two of you stood back to back as the creatures surrounded you.

Arthur: It appears this world is one filled with monsters.

Y/N: Nice assessment Einstein. How are we going to do this? We're completely surrounded.

Arthur looked around for a moment before he sighed.

Arthur: I have a stupid idea. We should just surrender.

Y/N: Are you crazy?!

Arthur: Trust me.

You looked at your grandson before sighing. You put your blade away and raised your hands. Arthur did the same as those who resembled your friends approached you both.

Laura: Giving up?

The witch flew down from her place and you were surprised to see that it was this world's version of Felicia. The fairy also landed on her shoulder and you were shocked to see it was Nadia. At least, it looked like Nadia.

Quentin: I must say, this is a strange turn of events.

Arthur: We don't want to fight you. If you would give us a moment, we wish to explain what we're doing here.

Felicia looked at Arthur then at Nadia. The screaming figure even took off her hood to reveal Viv. At least, a human version of Viv. She had dark skin with black hair which had a green and pink streak in it.

Y/N: This isn't going to get easier, is it?

Arthur: I highly doubt it.

Viv: Why should we listen to you. You hunters have been causing trouble for us for the last few months.

Y/N: We're not hunters. Please, let us explain.

Everyone looked at each other before Quentin sighed.

Quentin: Ri will not like this, but to hell with it. We can kill them later.

The wolf slowly transformed into another familer face.

Sam: How do we know they aren't planning anything?

???: We'll be near to make sure they won't accomplish anything.

You looked over to the trees where you saw the two figures from before. It was Miles and Gwen. They both had a set of spider legs sticking out if their backs and venomous fangs.

Quentin: Then it's settled. Ye two better have a hell of a story.

Y/N: Trust me, you have no idea.