A Bargain

You swallowed as you looked at the Lord of Chaos before you. His flames were hot enough that you felt them. You were sweating from the heat. You looked to Arthur who seemed more comfortable with the situation.

Dormammu: Ah. Arthur Pym. How is Gwe...

Arthur: You know why we're here.

Dormammu: Indeed. I know all. I see all. I know who you are.

He looked down at you.

Dormammu: Y/N Creed. The Godslayer. You are here to collect my flames.

You shook at the sheer amount of power he was releasing.

Y/N: Yeah. I came to bargain.

Dormammu: I do love a good deal. I know you rather not fight me. Smart choice.

You clenched your fists.

Y/N: I will if I have to.

Dormammu: No need. My days if fighting are over. Instead, we will make a deal.

You raised a brow.

Y/N: I'm not selling off my soul.

Dormammu: I do not want it. Too, broken.

You flinched at his words.

Dormammu: Instead, like tour grandson had done, you will need to complete my trail.

A trail? That was it?

Dormammu: Do not think it will be so easy boy. My trails will push your to the breaking point.

Arthur: They're rough. Be prepared if you agree.

You gave it some thought. This seemed like the easier option if you wanted the flames. Besides, you doubt you could take him on right now. You also doubt Death will give you a third chance.

Y/N: Alright. I'll take your trails.

Dormammu smiled.

Dormammu: Perfect. After you complete them, I will bless you with my flames.

You nodded. Suddenly, several orbs of light surrounded you and Arthur.

Dormammu: Your trails will take place in universes separate from your own. Worlds where things are not the same. Horrors, joys, many worlds filled with these and more.

The orbs vanished and you looked back at Dormammu.

Dormammu: I will grant you four powers of my choosing. The rest will be unavailable.

Only four powers? That's fine but, what if they're small ones like your senses or your telepathy?

Dormammu: You'll be allowed to accompany your grandfather.

Arthur: Thank you.

Dormammu: Are you ready?

You hesitated. Four powers, different worlds, deals with a Lord of Chaos. This was all too much. On top of that, will you be back in time to fight Galactus? You sighed. Looks like there was no choice.

Y/N: Fine.

Dormammu: Good. I will coat you with a magic barrier that will protect your bodies from, "glitching" while in the other worlds. It will also force you to blend in without any problems.

You felt your body change slightly and grow weaker. Looks like he took the powers he didn't chose.

Dormammu: After you finish the trails, you will return to your world and I shall give you the flames of the gods. Fail, and your soul will be lost in the flaming sea of souls.