Chapter 29

Neither of us noticed the sun coming through the small gap in the blinds, as hours had passed since Susan had gone. We were still embraced, albeit asleep now; even in his sleep, Dex let out a few cries. It was weird seeing him like this, especially since I had mainly seen him brave and hide his feelings from me. From anyone for that matter. He rolled back over, toward me, and flung his arm around my waist. I was awake but still kept my eyes closed. I kissed his cheek, causing him to give a small smile in his sleep, and I fell back asleep for a few more hours. When I woke up later, he was no longer beside me, in bed.

Rubbing my eyes, I stood up and went to find him; I found him in the kitchen, putting away the shopping we had gotten yesterday. He kept one bag beside his foot - the one he had gotten from the sex shop -. It caught my attention, "So what's in that bag?"

"Told ya, it's for you..." He didn't turn around; I got the feeling he had been crying again - which was understandable considering what had happened -. His hand lifted to his face to wipe away the tears - confirming what I thought - and he slowly turned to face me, smirking and handing the bag to me, "Go put them on."

"Them?" I questioned, taking the bag in my hand.

"Yes," He folded his arms, "Do it."

I stood looking at him, raising an eyebrow at the tone of his voice; when he didn't move or change expression, I took the bag to our bedroom. I dumped the contents out on the bed to find he had gotten me a leather mini dress and to go with it some silver heels. I raised my eyebrow, considering that this was pretty tame for Dex. Shrugging, I changed from my clothes to the dress, taking off my bra, and kept the heels in my hand. Once putting it on, I discovered the dress came to just below my ass - definitely something Dex was bound to pick then - and it showed a lot of my cleavage as the neckline dropped into a V neck. It was tight, despite it being the right size, though that was the gist of the dress - to show off as much figure as possible -.

"Hmm," Turning myself to look in the mirror, I tilted my head at what I saw; I actually thought this looked good on me for what it was going to be used for, though I knew Dex was mostly going to take it off as soon as he saw.

"Kay, are you done yet?" He called, shouting from the bottom of the stairs.

"Almost!" I called back; a small thought came to me that I should style my hair to go over part of my face, so I did and then strolled back down with the heels in my hand.

He was stood leaning against the bannister, smirking; the wide-eyes he gave, told me that he was a little surprised - despite him being the one to buy it - and he was more than happy with the result. He had a mischievous grin on his face. I also noticed he had changed outfit himself, though he was in something a lot more formal: a white shirt and jeans.

"Now, I really wanna take that off you..." He grinned, stepping toward me and wrapping his arms around my waist, "But, I have plans for us tonight."

"Plans? We're going out?" I felt my face flush, not so sure I wanted to go out in the outfit I wore; I had gone out in similar, but this dress was a lot more revealing than those.

"Yup," He continued to grin, "We're going on date night."

"Date night isn't for another few weeks, Dex; plus it's my turn."

"Nope, I wanted to treat you. Plus, wouldn't hurt to show you off in my hometown, would it?"

"I... I suppose not..." I rubbed the back of my neck, causing the dress to tighten slightly around my breasts and Dex to bite his bottom lip; this I smirked at.

"Good." He smiled, leading me toward the door; he had already grabbed his wallet, putting it into the back pocket of his pants. He wasn't able to stop beaming, as his eyes kept going up and down me, "You're my pretty little bird, aren't ya pet?"