Chapter 20

The day before the trip to Wales, Dex and I had just finished a meal I had cooked up for him. He smiled at me, seeming to have enjoyed it. We were about to settle on the couch, for a movie, when I remembered the dishes. Dex watched me jump up, raising an eyebrow; I had my back to him, but I felt him close the gap between us just as I was finishing with drying. I felt his - mostly - bare chest against my shoulders, as he pressed against me. His left hand came from behind to grab hold of my boob through the tank top I wore, while his right hand went down the front of my shorts and my panties.

"About you getting a good fucking..." He smirked from over my shoulder; he started rubbing with both hands, more being more rough than the other, "I would like to bring that offer back on the table."

He turned me to face him; he had unbuttoned his shirt, showing he still wore the bandages over his shoulder. I glanced down to see his jeans had gotten tighter in the lower region, causing a small smirk to appear on my face. He slowly lowered me to the floor, giving passionate kiss as he did and his left hand now running through my hair. We laid on the floor, him hovering over me and littering my body with kisses. Pants were now removed, though my top remained on.

He was distracted, so I thought to turn the tables on him; I swiftly rolled him over onto his back, pinning his legs back with my own, and his hands above his head with mine. I kissed him, smirking at him, even more so when I bit at his lip and pulled away.

"We mourn weird, don't we?" I smiled down at him.

"Seems like it, pet." He returned the smile; then he smirked as he sat up, "Suck it."

I had wrapped my legs around his waist, when he sat up, but when he spoke to me, I removed them; I was bowed down with my ass in the air, like a dog. He unbuckled his pants, waiting for me.

"C'mon, be a good girl for daddy." He grinned, seeing a blush rise on my cheeks; he had pulled out his member, "Get to work."

"Gladly." I returned the grin, taking it in my mouth; I alternated between using my tongue, sucking and jerking him off with my hands, either way got a slight reaction out of Dex.

I believe we were almost there, when a quiet knock came at the door. There was a pause, but when Dex moaned loudly out in pleasure, it caused Cora to enter. I had quickly stopped to look up when I heard a gasp, and Dex was quick to put himself away - his face was bright red.

"S-ssorry, I thought one of you said come in!" She was furiously blushing, covering her face from the view.

"Oh, h-hey, Cora..." He gave an awkward smile.

"Hey, Cora." My own face was flushed as well, though not as much as the two of theirs; after a short silence, and Dex and I getting clothes back on, I asked, "What's up?"

"I came to see if you guys needed someone to look after the animals for the month you're away? Or needed help with packing..."

"Well, packing's sorted..." Dex spoke up, still a little flushed in the face from the reveal.

"But, we're worried for the animals... It's a long journey and it might be too much for them." I smirked at him, and then looked back at Cora, "We didn't want to leave them for that long though...."

"I could look after them, and facetime you both while you're away?" She smiled, "It would be less stress on them and you'd still get to say hi to them. Just write down or text me what to do, and when. I'll do it."

"You'd do that?" Dex asked; his arm was wrapped around my waist.

"Of course."

"You're amazing, Cora!" I announced, giving my friend a big hug.

"I guess you need a key." Dex sounded reluctant, but he handed my key to her, "Use Cora's, but do not let anyone else in. Do not give it to anyone else."

"Oh, I wouldn't do that." She frowned, nodding her head.

"Good." He smiled; he then went to one of the kitchen drawers, digging through for a scrap piece of paper and scribbling some notes on it, "Top ones are vet numbers. Bottom is the schedules for each one."

"Wow, you must know that by heart." She looked over Dex's makeshift timetable.

"He does." I smiled, "I'll send you a typed one out, with more info if you need it."

"This should be alright, but yeah, might be good to have a back up."

Most of the evening was spent with Dex explaining about each of his budgies, and Toffee. Their meals, what each one liked, what they didn't, etc. Cora sat there watching intently, mentally noting down all the details. I also made note to send her all of this, knowing she probably won't be able to remember on her own.

"Got all that?" Dex finally asked, just as Cora was leaving.

"I think so..." She glanced at me, only for me to mouth back at her that 'I'll text it' to her; she smiled at this, "Yeah."

Once she had left, Dex turned to me; he had a frown, "Next time we lock the door."

"Hey, you were the one to come up to me." I giggled.

Later, when we had gone to bed, I had awoken around 3am to find Dex wasn't in bed. I got up, only in my underwear, and went to look for him. He was leaning against the kitchen counter, in just his boxers. I leaned my head against the doorframe, holding on to it.

"Dex?" I asked, a worried look on my face.

"Be back in a minute, pet..." He raised his arm to go behind his head, but he didn't look at me; he was thinking.

After a minute or so, I strolled over to him, placing a hand on his good shoulder, "You okay?"

From where I stood now, it was clear he wasn't; he had been crying again. Quickly, I took him into a hug and kept him in an embrace. He let me, and he sobbed.

"I can't believe... she's gone..." He wrapped his arms around me, burying his face into my hair; he glanced up for a moment, "She was so young, Kay. It's my fault... I should have gone instead of her."

"Stop that." I tell him, "How was you supposed to know that was going to happen?"

"I didn't, but I'm her big brother. I'm supposed to protect her."

"You couldn't have protected her all the time, Dex. She was a teenager, she would have gotten into trouble before that..." I paused, and seeing as he didn't respond, I carried on, "She would have known how much you loved her, how much you wanted to save her. You meant just as much to her as she did to you."

"Thanks, Kay."

"Now, back to bed. We've got an early day tomorrow...." I glanced at the clock, "Today..."

We ended up going back to bed, getting a bit of sleep in the small amount of time we were able to. We had made sure all our bags were packed beforehand, and by the door ready to go.