Chapter 4

None of these funny memories changed the fact that Dex wanted to introduce me to his new girl. His genuine smile of happiness... I wanted to be happy for him. He hadn't smiled like that in ages... But, I felt my heart sinking every time I thought of them sharing a kiss or simply brushing over each other's hands.

The thoughts kept coming in the whole time during the dinner, I was sure he would notice how quiet I was compared to usual, when being around the two of them. It made me feel abandoned at times, like he didn't want to be away from her... Or maybe it was he didn't want to be around me. It had happened before: people ignoring me. Especially for a 'romantic partner'. I was usually ignored, put aside, like I was nothing. It happened so often, I was beginning to get used to it.

It was a dinner meet-up he had wanted to introduce her to me, though it was actually meant to be a day where he spent it with me. Not that skinny little whore...Sorry, got carried away there. Anyway, the dinner started out alright, we talked and had a little laugh. But, the more I saw them together. The more I saw her touch him. Him looking at her like that. It made me want to grab her hair, and slam her face into the table we sat at. Ha, she wouldn't have looked pretty then. Not after I had finished with her.

Back to the dinner, I attempted to make friendly conversation with her from time to time, but she either ignored me or was downright rude to me. After an hour of enduring them being all lovey-dovey and that crap, the girl made an excuse that she was wanted back at the office she worked at. She gave a kind of smile, along with a 'see ya later' type goodbye. She turned to Dex - who was grinning - and she gave him a massive kiss, as he held her waist - though he stayed seated. It could have just been my imagination, but I'm pretty sure she gave a rather bitchy looking smirk.

Once she left, I folded my arms and huffed; I unfolded my arms to take a bite of the sandwich I had bought. For a few minutes, Dex sat there looking at me with that stupid smile plastered on his face. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wish that smile was because of me.

"So," He began, leaning over on his arms, "What'd you think? I wanted you to meet her first, since you're like my best friend or something."

"Or something?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, well, you're more than that. Practically family in a way."

My heart sank. I'm just 'family' he says. That made my hopes drop right down - not that they weren't that high in the first place. Like I'd stand a chance.

"Hmm." I simply said.

"So, what did you think?"

"Well, I guess she was... okay." I shrugged, leaning back into my chair.

"Just... Okay?" He mirrored me, leaning back into his own chair, "You don't wanna add anything to that?"

"Okay... I guess, she seemed nice-ish."

He paused for a few seconds, tilting his head; I looked away, causing him to give a stern looking smirk, "Kay, c'mon; you know I value your opinions, and I can tell there's something you wanna say."

I went silent for at least 5 minutes; the whole time, he sat there looking at me. Those big brown eyes staring at me for an answer. It was hard to look in them.

"Okay... You want my opinion?" I sighed; he returned a nod, "Well, I don't think she's for you. I think she'll leave you in a heartbeat for anyone else, cause she doesn't seem like that type to stick around for very long. And... "

I tried to think of points that made her seem like the bad guy... Like I wasn't jealous of her and didn't want her to be around Dex anymore. It was no use though, considering my anger shone through.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, okay?" I lowered my gaze once I finished; he went scarily quiet for a few minutes - almost thought he'd rage at me for saying that about his 'lovely' girlfriend.

Instead, he did something that took me by surprise; he laughed, "Glad someone said it. I did notice that she stared and offered herself to other guys... So, yeah, I see where you're coming from there."

He stood up, and walked over to me, "Thanks for being honest, luv."

Giving a quick peck on the cheek, he smirked at me, "Fancy causing some havoc for ol' Johnny?"

"Ha, of course!" I responded; Johnny was one of his neighbours and an old friend of his family. He lived with his wife Jezebel. He took a liking to me almost straight away, in a sort of daughter type way, and his wife the same.