Chapter 18

In a swift moment, Dex had kicked Mark down and even managed to get his binds undone; he stood over Mark about to do some damage, when the boy with sledgehammer brought it down on him. The hammer hit him in the shoulder causing him to scream out in pain. I didn't know if his shoulder was broken or dislocated, but either way, it hurt him. He crumpled down to the ground, grabbing at his shoulder and still shouting. Once making sure Dex was more secure, the boy turned to his boss to make sure he was alright.

"Bastard busted my lip!" Mark had his hand to his mouth, so what he said came out muffled, but it was clear what he was saying I saw the blood.

"He could have done worse given the chance!" I exclaimed, frowning, "I think he got the worst of it!"

"He will have when we're finished with him!" The 3rd guy spoke up again, seemingly coming out of nowhere, "Or rather you!"

Mark, evidently angry, stepped toward me; he grabbed my wrist, turning me to be laid down with my head closest to Dex. Then, he climbed over me, prowling, and grinding his hips against me. He was trying to get a proper reaction out of Dex, and it seemed he was. To Mark, it seemed he was writhing against his binds to attack him, but I knew the wriggling he was doing was something far more sexual, and it was something he did when turned on. I knew he got turned on when he saw other guys trying to claim me.

"C'mon, Dex. Come get your woman." Mark grinned, "If you can."

After about an hour of Mark mostly trying it on with me and trying to get answers out of Dex - either by being violent or by sexual with me -, the 3 guys gave us a break. Long enough to give us a break, and form a possible escape plan.

"Are you guys okay?" Cass spoke up, still over on the bed; she seemed a lot calmer now.

"Yeah.... Yeah, we're fine." Dex had his head down; he didn't look fine.

"Dex, you don't look it." I tried to get a proper look at his face; I was worried for him.

"I'm fine." He replied a little too aggressively.

"How are we gonna get out of here?" Cass asked timidly.

"There's an exit out back.... A fire exit... We can use that." He hinted toward the back with a small head toss.

"What about them?" I asked.

"I'll try to lure them away." He finally looked at me; he seemed pale.

"No, you're in no shape to do that." I told him.

"Pet, it's not like we have much of a choice."

"We do." Cassandra stepped in, "I'll do it. I'm quite light on my feet. I can get away."

"I don't agree with that... But, you have a point... Meet us at the car out front." It was clear Dex wasn't happy his sister was playing bait for us.

"How do we get past the sledgehammer?" I asked, "He seemed to be quite fast, considering."

"I have a penknife in my pocket." Dex told me, hinting at the secret pocket in his leather jacket.

I quickly crawled over, getting the penknife out of his pocket and hiding it in Cass' hand, so she was able to cut open her binds. She quickly got to work on that, then hid behind the door, so she was able to lead them away. I cupped Dex's cheek, only for him to wince slightly, and gave him a quick peck on the forehead.

"We'll get through this, pet." He attempted a smile.

"I know." I, too, attempted a smile; I went back to the spot I was in, before the goons went out the room.

It wasn't long before 2 of the 3 returned; they stood in the door, seeing Cass wasn't on the bed and came in to search. They failed to notice her behind the door, only for her to throw a brick she had found at one of them, and then blow raspberries. She ran out of the room, proving she was indeed light on her feet. The 2 knobheads chased her, following her down the corridor.

I crawled over to the bed, finding the pocket knife under the mattress; I quickly cut Dex's binds and we made for our escape down the escape ladder. He had to have me held him, since his shoulder was hurting badly. He had to stop the odd time, above me, when a harsh pain ran through his shoulder. He edged me to carry on though, and he followed. He had jumped down off the ladder, after me, onto the concrete floor outside, when we heard gunshots.

"Dex?" We had both looked in that distance.

"... She probably ditched it..." He looked hopefully toward the noise, then at me; he grabbed my hand with his left hand, and we made a run for the car.

The two of us made it to the car, no Cass in sight so far; we got in, him having snatched his keys back before, and waited. I think we had been waiting at least 10 minutes before we saw someone come out of the building. It was Cass, but she was badly injured.

"Cass!" I quickly got out, helping her to the car; she was bleeding so much...

"I was shot...and..." She tried to explain; I helped her into the backseat, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Sssh. It's fine, Cassie. You did good." Dex comforted her from the front; he started the car up.

"Are you able to drive?" I asked, worried.

Dex drove away, showing me he was fine despite the shoulder, "I'm good."

We had made good timing, because just as we set off down the street, the 3rd goon had a gun and he exited the building, firing it. One of the bullets hit the wing mirror, but nothing else thankfully. We had driven quite a distance away, and the bleeding still hadn't slowed.

"Dex, it's not stopping!" I yelled at him.

"I'm going to the hospital." He told us, eyes too focused on the road to look back at us; he then added, "First aid kit under my seat. Use what you can."

"Okay." I grabbed it, not finding much useful things for Cass' case; I did find some dressing pads and bandages, so I tried to use those to slow the bleeding. It seemed to only help a little, but not much.

With Dex driving, we made it to the hospital quickly and with record time; he was fast to grab one of the doctors and have them take Cass in on a gurney. She was taken in to be seen. We were left to be seated in the waiting room, though they had checked on Dex and I to make sure we were okay. I only had bruising, and a couple of deep cuts that they had to stitch up - ugh -. Dex had a broken nose, a couple of broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder. They had bandaged and patched him up, before he had sat with me in the waiting room.