Chapter 6

I hated that I wasn't able to control my anger and jealousy at times. Sat under that bridge, I felt more alone than I ever did. This being, it was a very quiet area. The few people that did pass under the bridge, I actually expected them to stop for the hysterically crying girl that was me. I guess I looked more of a mess than I thought. I didn't know it at the time, but he was a short distance away. He had followed. But, he hadn't come fast enough.

From around the corner, the group of boys approached; I don't think they spotted me at first, as they passed me. When they did, the leader gave a rather suggestive look as they did. He whispered something to his lads, before stepping in front of me. I quickly wiped away the tears with my jacket sleeve, not wanting them to see.

"Oh, look at this; you're all alone now, darling. No Dex to look out for you?" He gave a light laugh, "He ditch you?"

"No." I went to stand, only to be pushed back down by the leader; I frowned up at him, "Will you just piss off and leave me alone?."

"Can't do that, sweet'eart. You see, your fella messed up a lot of my lads earlier, including me."

"You seem fine to me... I just see a big dickhead in front of me."

"Yeah?" He gave a rather terrifying smirk, "Well, this is a little message from us to him."

I stumbled over my words, "Yeah, a-and another t-thing... Dex isn't my fella. I don't belong to him and he don't belong to me."

"You're still in cahoots with him, lass."

The gang began to encircle me, something I hated; I retaliated by giving at least one of them a left hook, although they were stronger and quickly took hold of me. The leader slapped me across my cheek; he had a serious expression on his face.

"Now, listen here: we're going to use you to get back at Dex. Set a trap almost.... And you're gonna come with us, whether you like it or not." He grabbed hold of my hair, and turned my head to face him, "Understand?"

I nodded; they took me away to, what I'm guessing, was their hideout. It looked a mess to be honest, as it was an old warehouse. Some of the lads Dex had injured earlier laid rested on old mattresses. There were a few shelves that contained, what I'm guessing was, drugs - all kinds -. Along with weapons from guns to melee. I'd be lying if I didn't say it scared me being here. Dex had told me of how ruthless some gangs could be, and though these were just teenage lads, it didn't mean they couldn't be either. They threw me down on one of the spare mattresses, shackling me to the pipe next to it.