Chapter 11

Date night. It came around once every month, and was a time either of us were able to spend as much as we liked on the other. We took it in turns to treat the other, and this was Dex's turn to full on treat me - trust me when I say, he goes full out when treating me. He told me that morning the basic of what we would be doing: fancy restaurant, movies and possibly something else, so what did I do before the evening? I went on a shopping trip with my best friend, Cora.

Cora was a beautiful girl, and there were times she knew it. Every time we went out to the clubs, she strutted into that room like she owned the place. All eyes on her - at least all the male eyes were. The best thing about her was she wasn't like those typical, stuck up bitchy types either. She had been through shit, which caused her to usually keep to herself save for me and a few other close friends. She had a loyal and true heart, her compassion big enough for the two of us.

Once arriving in the shopping centre, we headed straight for Primark; we spent a bit of time looking around and picking out clothing each. Me picking up a few dresses and outfits for my date, and Cora just for the sake of it. She told me she needed some new clothes anyway. After choosing 2 or 3 different outfits for myself and Cora having picked hers, we headed to the dressing rooms so I was able to see which one was best for the date.

About to take my chosen outfits into one of the stalls, I noticed Cora wasn't doing the same. She had seated herself on the couch, with her basket of clothes beside her. I stopped, looking at her; she had her nose buried in her phone.

"Cora, you not trying any of your stuff on?" I tilted my head.

"Oh, umm, no; I don't... don't really feel I can." Cora's head lowered, "I guess I'm too shy to try them."

"There's only you and me in here, by the looks of things... Could you not try at least one? I'd love to see you in at least one."

It took a few minutes, before Cora looked at me with a smile, "Okay,"

I smiled, watching her pick out one of the few outfits she had chosen: a jeans outfit with a black blouse that showed a bit of cleavage, a forest green cape like cardigan. She had added a couple of accessories to the outfit including some short boots with thick heels and a studded bracelet. I knew this was a sort of tribute to her favourite character - Loki - in a way.

She emerged from one of the stalls after a few minutes, dressed in this outfit; I smiled at her, "You look great. It suits you."

"It does?" Cora smiled, "Great! I really love this outfit."

A short pause between the two of us, before she added, "You go try yours on! I wanna help you pick something for your date!"

"I don't know which to start with." I told her, shifting through the pile of clothes hung over my arm.

"Umm," She took them from me and looked through; she picked a aquamarine cocktail dress, "This one can be your first outfit to try."

"Okay." Sticking the outfits on a chair, I grabbed the dress and went into a stall; it took a minute or two, but, quickly, I walked out of the stall, "Well?"

"Hmm, I don't think it's good enough." She looked back at the clothing; picked up another dress, shoving it at me. We did this a few times, before she decided that a white top, jeans and a brown leather jacket looked good, "Now that's suitable. It looks casual but not too much. It also gives off a bit of sexiness that Dex certainly likes, heh."

"Good. Cause for my plan, I'll need that sort of outfit." I grinned

"Plan?" Cora tilted her head at me, confusion on her face.

I, explaining myself, shifted through the clothes previously picked out; I was tempted to buy a couple more outfits, "Well, you know how we take it in turns to treat each other on date night?"

She gave a small nod, still looking over at me with curious confusion; I continued to look through my stuff and explain, "I also want to treat him tonight.. In a little bit different way."

Cora's eyes widened a little, as her mouth parted in realisation; her head tilted back a bit, a grin appearing on her face, "Oh, I get ya. You want things to get physical on your date?"

"Umm, maybe not exactly on the date, but definitely while we're out... It's not something Dex is super confident with, especially with not being self confident in his own body. But, we have actually talked a little about doing it like that... Just not done it. So, yeah, I want to help get to that.. Thought an outfit would help, as well as a little teasing beforehand."

"Oh, so kinda getting him riled up before?" She smirked, a hint of blush on her cheeks; she smirked more when I gave a nod, "I love how bad you can be sometimes, Lala."

"I feel this outfit could use a few accessories to help a bit more though."

"I agree." Cora nodded; I went back into the stall and changed into my normal clothing, before she grabbed my hand, our clothing choices and went back out into the shop.

We spent at least another hour or so looking for accessories for both our chosen outfits. For my main one though, I choose to go with a red belt, knee-high brown boots and a couple of rings. Then once finishing that, we checked them out at the till - seeing the total, I decided not show the receipt to Dex - and went on our way. Cora helped me get ready for my date, helping to choose a hairstyle and the makeup, once we got back mine and Dex's apartment, considering he was out for the day.

"How do you suppose we could style your hair?" Cora asked, shaping it in a few ways; she curiously looked at it.

"Hmm, a simple ponytail might do... I dunno.. I don't think the hairstyle needs to be overly done. I feel a

ponytail with a bit of a curl would do, especially if it's Dex we're talking about."

"Yeah that works." She nodded with a smile, beginning to look for the curling iron; it took almost an hour to curl the entire of my hair, then put it up, but we got there - with a ton of hairspray.

With that, Cora helped do my makeup, it was pretty simple - like my hair -, but it was also nice looking. Once finishing up, we sat and talked to catch up because other than through texting, we hadn't had much time to go out for drinks much longer - both of us being busy. 

  A/N: The far right is Kayla's outfit for the date.