|4| Confronting Past Demons

Jeno wandered through the halls, alone with his thoughts and dull aches. Chenle had left the room abruptly, a determined look on his face.

Being the ever worried friend, Jeno sent Tamo with Chenle; not like Tamo could do much besides give happy smiles and puppy kisses. It gave him some strange sense of comfort knowing he can trust Chenle in the care of Tamo's fluffy paws. The idea of Tamo taking care of Chenle brought a smile to Jeno's face.

A sudden pain shot through Jeno's left leg causing him to stumble. Looking down at his leg with furrowed brows he felt where the bullet hole is. Warmth seeped through his jogging bottoms. Jeno cursed, speeding up his pace; each step felt like he was walking through wet cement. The throbbing pain flowed along with the red life giving liquid leaking from his leg.

"Son of a biscuit, Kun!" Jeno yelled as he hobbled his way to the infirmary.

As if on cue Kun rounded the corner, glasses in the bridge of his nose. Determination set upon him, his eyes burned holes into Jeno.

"That's what I told you, you imbecile! Don't go moving and walking until your leg fully heals." Kun chided softly, arm snaking it's way around Jeno's torso.

With the extra support, Kun had managed to half-carry half-drag the bleeding boy into the infirmary. A small trail of blood striped the hallway floors.

Kun winced at the idea of an angry Taeyong. He'd have to clean that up unless he wants to be scolded about the unsanitary liquid covering the floor.

"This is why I prefer dead bodies, they can't complain." Kun grumbled to himself, Jeno's eyes widening in fright at the comment.

Half-hauling Jeno up onto one of the many white beds, Kun fixed him with a soft glare. Kun could never be mad or raise his voice with the members, he cares too much to do so. Gaze flickering down to Jeno's pant, Jeno gave him a consenting nod.

Jeno's pants were pulled down to reveal the hole in his thigh, blood slowly trailed down his leg. Cleaning up the trail of blood and wound on Jeno's leg, Kun replaced the gauze without putting too much disinfectant into the wound.

Once Jeno was cleaned and fixed up, a pair of hands gently pushed him back onto the bed. Looking up through a curtain of brown hair Jeno met Kun's worried expression.

Giving into the small pleading look Jeno laid back onto the bed.

"If I catch you walking around and bleeding, I'm going to hang you by your toes from the third floor." With that final threat and an aggressive finger pointed towards him, Kun whirled out of the room.

Blinking owlishly, Jeno plopped his head back onto the pillow. A small pout forming.

-/-/-

Chenle stood in the training room, eyes scanning each of the practice weapons to his left. He chewed on his bottom lip nervously, hands fluttering over a few of the knives.

Two people cleared their throats behind him. Chenle turned on his heel, hands immediately clasped behind his back, fingers fiddling to calm his nerves. Yuta and Renjun stood in the doorway, eyes zeroed in on the orange haired male.

"Whatcha doing there?" Yuta sauntered up to Chenle, leaning closer.

Renjun walked up to the knife rack, pulling out a small silver throwing knife; tossing it back and forth between his hands.

Chenle swallowed the lump of anxiety crawling up his throat. The nervous expression replaced with determination. "I want you guys to teach me how to use things other than my fists."