Chapter Forty Nine

Depuis le début

"It's a long story. You - just leave it behind for now. Try and get better," I smiled, patting her head softly.

"Where's Sally?" she asked again, looking around. "And where's he? Where was I? Where's everyone?" she kept asking questions restlessly.

"That bitch is the reason you're here. Forget her for now," I pleaded.

She shrugged and looked up at my face.

"I lost it," she whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek softly and landed on the pearl white pillow. "I lost it," she continued.

"You're - "

"Yeah, Caden. And I lost it because of that - bastard! Ouch!" she shrieked and squinted her eyes in pain.

"Sorry, take it easy," I comforted and held her hands as she returned back to normal.

"I told you not to go there. I did," I said.

"Well, I wish I listened," she replied and averted her gaze to the opposite direction.

"Anyway, Mercedes, I - "

"Caden, thank you," She interrupted as she turned to me.

"For what?"

"Saving me back there. I'd never think you'd reach out but - thank you," she said again with a different kind of emotion in her eyes.

It was the first time since we got here I saw that glow in her. It seemed so concerned, and unlike other times, there wasn't any anger or frustration, or hate. It seemed like it was her. Just her. Just her and no one else.

I raised my shoulder in a shrug. "No problem." I replied with a smile and she returned it with a slight one.

                             °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Mercedes! Are you okay? How are you feeling? What in the world were you doing there? What if something had happened to you?"

"She's fine. I made sure of it," I cut in Mr. Belgravia and he heaved a sigh of relief as I wheeled Mercedes to him and he curled his lips with a fatherly smile.

"You should be more careful! How irresponsible can you be? You're an adult for goodness sake! Can you act like one already?" Mrs. Belgravia scolded.

"Darling, leave her alone. She's just recovering. Let her rest and you can -"

"You cannot keep defending this miserable daughter of yours! You - "

"That's where you shut your mouth! Better watch your tone!"

"You two are so impossible! Like father like daughter!" she groaned angrily and stomped away.

Mercedes tilted her head to me and we both shrugged.

"Really sorry you had to see that, both of you. Caden, please help her to the guest room. No need to take her up given her condition. I'll be right back," Mr. Belgravia instructed and ran off to his troublesome wife.

"You know, sometimes I wonder how you can keep up with their rants," I voiced as we arrived the room.

She smiled and looked up at me, tilting her head to the bed a couple of times.

"Oh, right!" I sighed and came towards her.

"Hold on tight," I whispered as I placed my hand beneath her legs and against her back.

"Ready," she mumbled and I lifted her up, trudging to the bed and carefully placing her on it.

"You are so heavy!" I joked as I got the blanket over her body and placed my hands on my waist.

"Yeah right," she chuckled and I couldn't help but notice the dimple that formed at her cheeks and her little smile.

I swallowed a lump I wasn't aware I harboured and we both stood there, staring like a couple of teenagers. Only that I wasn't sure she was into me the way I obsessed over her.

It was a mistake.

Those were her exact words about the kiss. I would live to never forget that kiss. But those words -  damn!

"Earth to Caden!" I heard her snap me out and immediately I jerked out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked.

She tapped the other side of the bed softly as innocence welled up on her eyes. Was that the tigress I had been dealing with?

"Seriously?" I asked, raising a brow.

She nodded her head and tapped it again.

"Okay," I smiled like a child that had just been  handed candy and pulled out my shoes, laying on the side of the bed and switching off the lights.

"Don't let your ego's rise. You're here to guard me and nothing more," she spat out acidly and I could hear her body move as she faced the opposite direction.

"I'm Caden, you know," I reminded.

"Good night," she ended the conversation and I couldn't hear anymore of her.

I was looking at her spit all those things to my face ad I was like...damn! I was more obsessed  than even I thought.

I'd kill her if she were another chick but she was not. She was definitely......not.

Author's Note.

Yay! Another update!

Thank you so, so much for reading this chapter. It means a lot to me.

So, what are your thoughts? Caden and Bella? Cameron and Bella?

Don't forget to vote, comment and tag your friends.

Thanks once again.

Pauly Queen...