I - XVII:「Into the Trapdoor of Tests」

❝I'm addicted to the feeling of having every single stroke of your fingertips brush through my skin❞

I'm addicted to the feeling of having every single stroke of your fingertips brush through my skin

»»----- ♡ -----««

"Mama, mama!" (Y/N) ran up to their (H/C) haired mother with a huge smile on their face.

The floorboards creaked at every thudding noises that (Y/N)'s small feet made, making the mother frown and look down at her child.

"(Y/N), don't run." She scolded with a sigh.

(Y/N) could only giggle while holding up a beautiful lily that she managed to pick up as she was playing in the seemingly gloomy and dead front yard of their rundown house.

"Look, I found this! I thought it might cheer you up!" The (H/C) haired child grinned happily.

Their right cheek was smudged with dirt and their hands were almost dusty and brown.

Their clothes weren't looking so clean either; some patches of their smudged red shirt were replaced with old cloths that the family could find and their cartoonish designed shorts were starting to rip apart from their seams. They were walking around barefoot as well.

The mother stared at the lily for a moment but then widened her eyes at the realization that her child had gone outside to play without her knowing that they were outside.

Her vision at the lily started to spiral and she didn't even notice that her breathing was starting to get erratic and unusual.

"...Mama?" (Y/N) mumbled worryingly, bringing the flower down as it seemed to upset their mother.

Before the child could even react, the mother began to grab (Y/N)'s small shoulders and began to shake them.

"Why did you go outside without my permission!? You know that it's dangerous outside! If your father knew that you were outside alone, who knows what that man could do to you!? You cannot leave this house unless I'm with you at all times, understand!?" She began to rant, almost leaving her out of breath due to her scream that echoed the house.

(Y/N) stared up at their mother with a horrified look on their face. They began to turn pale, scared of what their mother could do next after screaming and upsetting her for going outside without her permission.

Of course, (Y/N) meant well and they were only trying to cheer her up as she was always stressed for having to deal with her husband's behavior, but the mother was paranoid as she couldn't deal with having her only child to leave her alone.

As she began to calm down and her breathing returned back to normal, she took a glimpse down at (Y/N)'s face and her lips slightly parted in surprise for what she has done.