I - XII:「The Second Song」

❝My love for you is the very reason why I have the strength to go on every single day

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Christmas is a day where we get to share all of our gifts to our loved ones, a day where we can get together with a family member that's been working in a different country, a day where everything is somewhat perfect even admits all of the horrible things that life is throwing right into our faces.

It's a day of giving and love. For me, I don't understand what Christmas really even means since I've never had the privilege to properly celebrate one in my entire life but I'm glad that I can experience that here in Hogwarts even though it's just a dream in my head.

Since Christmas is two days away, I grabbed my chance to snuggle up in my silver and green blanket while sitting right in front of the fireplace.

Because, you know, you don't have to worry about school work since their deadlines are way too far for you to even care about and it's Christmas; who the hell does homework during Christmas instead of hanging out with their family or taking a break just by staring up at the snow?

The cold weather along with the warm, comforting heat radiating from the fireplace makes everything so perfect. Surely, nothing will ever top, arguably the best, holiday this year, right?

"This is mine!"

Or so I thought...

My eyes snapped open in annoyance, turning my head around to see two random Slytherin students, who stayed in Hogwarts for Christmas, fighting over a present.

"No, this is mine!" The other student exclaimed, pulling it away from the other. 

I roll my eyes and turned away from them, snuggling closer to my blanket and tightening the soft fluffy fabric around my body.

Despite most of the students being away from Hogwarts to visit their families this Christmas, there is always going to be one or two students who will ruin your Christmas break by trying to steal other people's presents and claim that it's theirs.

These two random dinguses are no exception.

Since I couldn't bring myself to sleep after they interrupted me, I looked out into the window from my spot. 

I expected snow falling through the window but to my disappointment, I realized that our common room is right underneath the Black Lake.

So we really can't see anything except dark murky waters around our windows.

One of the cons being a Slytherin during Christmas but I doubt most Slytherins care about snow falling from outside their windows like they're a five year old child.

...so what if I am that five year old child? I don't care; snow looks great and beautiful!

"Hey." I look up and see Alem walking towards me, wearing his red sweater.