I - XVI:「The Calm Before the Storm」

❝What do I need to do so you'll look at me,and only me?❞

and only me?❞

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Rhythmic pants escaped my seemingly dry lips as I placed my head on the table that I shared with Alem.

Sweats trickled from my forehead and everything seemed to be in a daze while the hot sun was hanging up in the sky, burning us with its fiery heat.

It's hot as hell and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is feeling the same way since summer is fast approaching.

Alem was panting but he kept his ground and continued to study for our next exam that'll take place after lunch.

"Itsh sho howt..." I mutter as I lifted my head up from the table and raked my hair away from my face as I did so.

When my eyes scanned the room, everyone seemed to be on the verge of dying from this heat as well.

I already took off my Slytherin robe just so I would feel just a little bit refreshed because the summer breeze would pass us by almost every few minutes or so.

However, everything still felt like the entire castle is on fire and I couldn't remove my school vest either, as it's the exams and taking off the vest 'isn't allowed' during the exams.

But like, it's currently lunch time so I don't see what the big deal is.

Nonetheless, I sucked it up and only loosened my green Slytherin tie and unbuttoned the two buttons on my collar to let some air inside my body.

I almost felt like crying when I realized that I have to tighten my tie again and button my collar once the exams start again.

"Hey, Alem." I groggily grabbed my brother's attention while lazily bringing up my wand to my half empty glass of water. "Don't you feel hot? I feel like I'm boiling."

I mutter 'Glacius' underneath my breath and froze my water before bringing it up to my cheek in order to cool myself down.

Breathing out a sigh of relief, I look over at Alem, who seems to be resisting the urge to collapse on the table while visible lines of sweat trickled from his forehead.

"I'm fine." My brother's answer was short and brief but his voice cracked, making me roll my eyes and hand over my frozen water to him so he could cool off as well.

His (E/C) eyes stared at the frozen glass of water for a while before taking it from my hand and bringing it up to his forehead and to his cheek as he dropped his book on the table.

"Can you believe that the school year's almost ending?" I reminisce then panic at the thought since Erised will probably come up and kill me once I haven't done the end of my deal with them.