I - IX:「The Memory Lane」

❝Why are you pushing me away?I just want to give you the love that you deserve

I just want to give you the love that you deserve.❞

»»————- ♡ ————-««

With a small flash of green light entering my sight, I gasped, letting air enter my lungs due to the lack of oxygen I got.

I seriously thought I was going to die.

I coughed for a little bit before my breathing patterns returned to normal.

I grunted, holding my head as I felt a slight throbbing headache.

"Mnh..." I murmured while looking around my unfamiliar surroundings.

I blinked once and then twice when I realized that I wasn't in my room.

Where the hell am I?

Blinking once more, I felt a weird, sticky sensation trickling through my other hand and it was then I realized that my other arm was carrying something heavy.

Confused, I looked down and my eyes widened in both disbelief and fear as I saw that a body was laying on my lap.

It wasn't just some other body, too.

It was Alem's body.

"Aah!" I screamed, pulling my other arm away underneath his body and was obliged to scoot away from him but I didn't.

I was too paralyzed to even move any part of my body.

"W-Wha..." I didn't even have the energy to say anything because I was too shocked to comprehend that this is, indeed, my brother's dead body.

His eyes that had the same color as mine was half lidded and life has already been lost in those orbs of his.

His face was dirty and had small bruises in them. His slightly parted lips had blood trickling out of it and down to his chin.

Because of this, I looked at his body and surely enough, his clothes were disheveled.

He wasn't wearing the school uniform and he was wearing clothes that I didn't even know he had.

His skin is almost full of scars and injuries, almost as if he was being tortured by death to someone.

It took me a while to be consumed by sorrow and grief as tears endlessly flooded out of my eyes.

I scooted right back at Alem's side and lifted his body back to my lap, not caring if my clothes were becoming dirty because of his blood.

After all, our blood is one and the same.

"Alem!" I screamed for his name, parting his locks away from his face and holding his right cheek with my hand.

When I saw that he wasn't being responsive, I shook my head and buried my face into the crook of his neck, lifting his body closer to my face as I sobbed loudly and shouted in frustration.