Chapter Eight

A picture from a mountain called Suilven in Sutherland of Scotland

Iona leads us out of the building and onto an immaculate white stone path which weaves through the forest. It is a steep ascent and I can't help but feel nervous as other students stare at us as we walk up the path.

"The School is built into the mountain as you may already have figured out. It is pretty amazing," she says. "Lady Indira's office is on the tallest point as the mountain the Academy is built in is the biggest one in this range. This path leads us off the Academy mountain and up onto a flat-topped mountain. It's really cool," she says.

"It's a long way," I say.

"Well, students normally run so they aren't late."

"We can run," Toryn says.

"That's alright, I'm showing you around! What sort of guide would I be if I made you run? Plus, you get to look at all the scenery." I smile and roll my eyes. The ascent gets steeper but it is easy for us to climb. We finally come to the end of the path, marked by white wooden archways with pretty vines growing up it. Iona laughs as all four of our eyes widen. Spread out before is the biggest open field I have ever seen. A large lake sits on one side where I assume all the water animals shift. As a small river leads off the cliff in the far distance. I can see from here that all other sides of the massive mountain, has a sheer rocky drop to the ground below. The side we came up from rises slowly, the ground covered in the thick forest we walked up. We walk across the field to the centre where people wearing red and black stand.

"Now, you won't need to bow, but all those in red will bow to you," she tells us. "The teachers included." I take a deep breath as we get closer. As we stop, all those in red bow to us and I see the two teachers standing in the centre bow as well. I gulp as they stand.

"Welcome," one says. A man. He is tall and muscular with short black hair. His eyes are emerald green which shines brightly against his dark skin. He wears red trousers which are slightly loose. Over the top of his trousers are large black boots. On his chest is a thick red vest type jacket, showing off his muscular arms. A woman stands next to him. She is very similar looking to him. Same dark skin and bright emerald eyes and thick black hair which she has cropped around her shoulders. She wears the same as him, the vest top showing off muscular arms. They are both very tall and kind of intimidating with their large muscles.  "My name is Lord Marcus and this is my younger twin, Lady Olivia. As you can see, we are wearing red which means that we are a high family. Our family can shift into Panthers and we are a High family to the Howlsky's and the lands of Zina," he explains. The four of us nod our heads in understanding.

"In this lesson, we train you how to use your animal forms the best you can. This is things like combat in animal forms, using senses, flying ability," Olivia tells us. I am about to open my mouth to speak when I hear the sounds of voices in the distance.

"Hurry up Darcy, we're late enough as it is!" Eric says.
"Shut up Eric," she snaps. "They can't do anything to me, I am a Royal." He groans.

"Are you stupid! The Dragoheirs are back, they are going to be the Royals instead of us soon. We basically aren't Royals anymore!"