Chapter Sixty Eight

Spain Again!!!!!! Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I hope you all have a great 2018! First part updated in 2018

Spain Again!!!!!! Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I hope you all have a great 2018! First part updated in 2018. I hope you enjoy!

I wake up at about midnight. I stretch as I get off my bed. It is a dark night but I can see easily thanks to the little bit of moonlight that peaks through the clouds. Going over to my wardrobe, I grab out a random pair of lose trousers and a red top. The top shows my belly and sticks to my torso. On the shoulders are the start of a built in cloak with red material falling down my back. Grabbing my magical sword, I slide it down the back of my top, the cloak hiding it. Around the lose trousers is a thin gold belt. To it, I attach one of my daggers. Once I am ready, I jump out of my window and take off running through the mountains. After a while, I come to a stop. I am high one of the mountains. A little pool of clear water sits before me, a small waterfall tumbling into it from higher up. The pool, though small, is deep.

I hear a noise behind me. Turning, I see him standing there. For a few seconds I just look at him. His handsome angular face, his bright blue eyes and dark hair that is swepped messily around his head. He is beautiful. Dangerous too. His tall, muscular frame is certainly something to be intimidated by. That and the speed and accuracy he is able to move at. He walks toward me and I hold up my hand.

"No," I say. He stops and a dazzling smile crosses his features. My heart beats wildly in my chest at even being in close proximity to him. A mixture of attraction and excitement. 

"We can't do this again," I say. "Last night we were both...emotional... and weren't thinking clearly," I manage to stammer out.

"Do you regret last nights kiss?" he asks, stepping closer to me. No way. I just look at him with a soft frown.

"We can't do this," I say stepping back. "I don't even know your name!" I say to him. His smile fades and he takes a seat on one of the rocks.

"I don't have one," he says, looking up at me. I frown.

"Of course you have a name," I say.

"No. They just call me Assassin." Sadness tugs at my chest. He may be feared, even by his own people, but he isn't respected. He isn't one of them. I take a seat next to him.

"Then what should I call you?" I ask. He looks down at me.

"I don't know." We sit in awkward silence again before I break it.

"Is he angry?" I ask. "Your king?" venom laces my voice at the last part. He stays quiet for a few moments before answering.

"I haven't made contact with him. He doesn't know what is going on but he doesn't want the choosing to happen." I frown, surprised he is actually telling me this. This is valuable information.

"Why?" I ask, trying to dig further.

"He's scared that you will be chosen. That you and your siblings will gain extra power from the Heart of Shadow. He already knows you are a force to be reakoned with." I raise my eyebrows then chuckle.