Chapter Nine

This Picture was taken in Glen Nevis in Scotland

We come to a large oak door with black hinges and a large lock. Iona pulls out a key and the lock clinks as she turns it. Inside is a small stone room. I smile as I see our weapons sitting in cases in the room.

"When you were brought here, we made sure your weapons were safe," Iona tells us. I nod my head, walking over to the glass case where my weapons sit. It is good to see them again.  The silver patterns on the weapons all sparkle as I lift the glass case off of them. I place my hand on one of the daggers then gasp as images flash in my mind.

I look up at a woman who smiles down at me. She holds my hand delicately and I can see her hair of lilacs gliding around her. She warmly smiles down at me and I smile back. I love her, my mother. We walk into a room. In the centre is a glass case full of sparkling weapons. My father already stands there, beaming.

"Are those mine?" I ask, excited, my voice sounding much younger. My mother laughs.

"Yes," she says, lifting me up so I can see them better.

"They're pretty," I say in my young voice.

"They were made especially for you!" My father says, coming over and taking me out of my mother's arms and holding me. I wrap my arms around him, still looking at the sparkling weapons in the case.

"I want to touch them," I say, leaning over the case trying to reach them. My parents laugh as they try to restrain me.

"I want to show Toryn!" I yell. "and Enzo!"

"Not yet, little Isla," my mother says, her voice soft and loving.

"They are for when you are a big girl," My father says. I look up at him, feeling tears in my eyes.

"I am a big girl."

"Yes, but not big enough. Toryn isn't getting his yet either. Neither are your sisters."

"But Enzo has his!" I shout. My parents laugh again.

"Because Enzo is a big boy."

"He's only two years older than me!" I screech. My father puts me on the floor.

"He was ten when he got his weapons, you will be ten when you get yours," my mother explains. I look up at them again and sigh.

"Okay," I tell them.

"You're just going to have to make do with your training weapons for now," she tells me. I roll my eyes and sigh a little huff of annoyance.

"Fine," I mutter. They laugh again, each of them taking one of my hands.

"We love you Isla, you'll get them when you're ready," my mother says, looking down at me with a soft delicate smile on her beautiful face.