Chapter Sixty

A picture of a Sunflower this week

A picture of a Sunflower this week. Just for something a little different.

We all stand in silence as we watch from the cliffs. The four of us had managed to locate where our magic is active. Iona and Lord Xavier teleported us along with the High Queen, the other royals and some of the high families to the cliffs. Were are in Zylan, the Greybite lands which make up a lot of the coastline of Shadow. It is known for its thousands of underwater sea caves. Many connect to lots of homes and the palaces in the lands seeing as a lot of the shifters here are sea creatures. It is the most logical place for an army to land really. With all the hidden caves and beaches they could arrive through almost unnoticed. But there are a few faults in their plan of course. One, the Greybites already have their own magic surrounding their lands, much like we do in Zola and all the other lands do. Two, the cliffs are always guarded by shifters. Shifters whose animals are seabirds or marine life. Three, the spell that the four of us made to ensure that enemies don't get close enough to try and break the wards or make spells to go undetected.

Everyone stands in shock as we watch though. Even the four of us didn't know how strong this magic we created together was. All our anger at the attack had flowed through the magic and is now reaping its revenge having been awakened. The destruction is immense and my body is warm with the tingling feeling of magic rushing through my veins. I look up at my siblings as we watch each of our powers at work. In the distance, there are about ten big black ships. Huge and terrifying. I watch as my water magic causes the waves to batter them. They rise high and rough around them, tearing away at the ships. Ships that are also on fire. Thick and raging. But that isn't all. Some try to escape on their flying devices but Tanya's power is too strong as is mine. The wind is so powerful and the rain hammers from the sky. The strong forces push them off their devices and plummeting into the sea. The sea which drags them down. The ground also shakes.

"They are entering some tunnels," Serenity says, her eyes glassed over. The ground shakes again. We can only imagine the rocks falling around the passages, blocking them and surrounding the enemies. Everone is silent as the ships are dragged down into the water, burning and smoking. Our storms rip them all apart. I can sense there are no survivors. All four of us can.

"I think your spell worked," the High Queen says at last with a sad voice. We all nod.

"Hopefully that will dissuade them from trying again," I say. We nod our heads before returning to the Academy to continue with the ball.

When we arrive back, we are dried off and freshened up having been soaked through from the rain and battered by the winds. The mood is dark for a little bit as everyone thinks about what they just saw. Then, the mood lightens up again as the night continues as we all realise that for now, we are safe. That they can't get onto our lands. We spend the next few hours chatting to all lots of the high families. I mostly get asked how I am doing or recovering. I put on a smile and say I am feeling great, even as my body begins to ache. I then get asked a lot of questions on how I plan on ruling my lands and what I would do if I were High Queen and stuff like that. Tonight isn't just a mingle and introduction to all the high families. I realise it also a way for all the high families to pick out their favourites and report their opinions back to the High Queen.