Chapter Six

This picture was taken on Tryfan overlooking the Ogwen valley, this isn't the scenery I am describing in the chapter, though it is where I get a lot of my inspiration from

I take in the surroundings around me. Giant stone arches rise high above us and intricate carvings line the walls. We walk onto grey marble floors which turn into stairs which descend below. Two passages go off either side of us to a balcony around the hall which overlooks the ballroom. Lady Indira stands midway down the stairs where there is a large gap before the final steps to the main floor. My heart beats rapidly as I see the huge amount of people standing on the floor and around the walkway around us. Together, we walk down the stairs to Lady Indira. I can't help but look around me though. Great stonewalls rise high with grand diamond chandeliers hanging from them. Metal bars sit along the walkway, sitting between large stone pillars. Each section had one of the flowers in the middle of the black metal, I realise. As I look up, I see another walkway further up, this one with stone barriers. More students stand up there. I can see that there is a pattern on the floor, but I can't see what it is because of the number of people standing on it. All around the room, the flowers sit. Decorated in elegant places. As I look over the people standing in the high walkways, I see that they are wearing a uniform similar to ours, but brown. They also don't have dragon patterns or any patterns. They are just plain. On the main floor, there are many who wear a red version of the uniform again it is just plain. Behind those wearing red are more wearing brown. Standing at the front, closest to the stairs, however, are people wearing the black uniform like ours. They also have animal patterns and flowers on their belts. I guess these are the other Ruling families. My eyes catch the girl from earlier. Her face is that of shock and anger.

"I welcome back the Dragoheir family! The last Dragons of Shadow and one of the five original families." With that, she kneels in front of us. My eyes widen and I look at my siblings. Once she bows, everyone else at once follows. I look over the hall with a hammering heart as all these people bow to us. All except Darcy who glares at me with hatred. Eric tries to pull her down but she refuses. Lady Indira stands.
"Darcy, I suggest you bow," she says. Normally I would say not to worry, but this was very satisfying after her earlier performance.

"I will not bow to these imposters," she spits. I frown.

"I can assure you, Darcy, they are not imposters, now be respectful and bow."

"Why, they are below me still? I am still the princess of Zola and they aren't. They are just another high family. They should be wearing red." The hall is silent as she says these things.
"The High Queen has ruled that if the Dragoheirs choose, they are to return to their rule of Zola and the Scallis family are to return to their status and role of High family." All these words confuse me, I have no idea what they mean.

"At the moment, they aren't rulers of Zola until they decide. However, they are still your equals as members of one of the five original families. Also, Isla is a Lady of the house, therefore, she gets your respect." Darcy continues to glare at me though it doesn't bother me. A feeling falls over me. One of peace and belonging. These halls seem familiar, like De Ja Vu. Before I can stop my self, I speak.
"I accept," I say. My voice is surprisingly calm as it sounds over the hall. There is silence following. My siblings look at me and smile. I can tell we all felt this. Lady Indira looks at me with a pleased smile.