Chapter Sixty One

A picture taken in Scotland!

I wake up startled, not remembering where I was and what happened for a few seconds. When I see Toryn standing above me. I groan as I sit up, realizing I had fallen asleep on the shoulder of a random shifter woman who still snores away. Toryn takes my hand and pulls me up. I look around. It is daylight now. The streets are full of piles of ashes and fire equipment as well as jewels and parts that have fallen off of costumes. There are also lots of shifters wondering around tiredly and many still asleep. They lean against buildings and each other. It is a mess and you can definitely tell there was a party here last night.

"Did you enjoy last night?" he asks tiredly.

"It was crazy," I chuckle. "But fine. I lost sight of you all though."

"Yeah, we all got separated," he says with a grin on his face.

"I don't know who or how many shifters I danced with," I tell him.

"Yeah, it was great," he chuckles. We stop when we come across Tanya, asleep and snuggled into the arms of a man. A man we quickly realise is Eric. Toryn kicks her foot but she doesn't stir. I do the same and again nothing happens. I look up at Toryn, a wicked grin on my face. I flick my hands and a wave of water lands on both of them, soaking them through. Tanya jumps up with a surprised scream and Eric just laughs.

"Looks like you both had fun last night," I chuckle, removing the veil that still covers my face. Tanya glares at me before sighing and removing her veil too.

"Where is Serenity?" She asks. I shrug. We all head off to look for her, spotting some familiar faces along the way.

"Isla!" Aspen shouts from behind us, Darcy and her husband following behind her. A smile glistens Darcy's face. It is odd, seeing her smile. She had been acting so strange over the past few weeks. All quiet and sad.

"Hi mum," Eric says and hugs his mother. Aspen still looks spectacular as does Darcy who wears an outfit very similar to her mother.

"Did you all enjoy the celebration?" She asks.

"Yeah, it was incredible," I tell her. She nods.

"It's a shame it only happens every two hundred years, but at least you get to experience it," she beams. I nod my head in agreement.

"Shall we head back to the palace and freshen up?" she asks.

"We need to find Serenity first," I tell her.

"I found my daughter asleep the arms of a strapping you man," she laughs. "So prepare yourself," she grins.

"We've already had that this morning," I say looking at Tanya and Eric. Aspen just laughs and we continue to search the streets for Serenity.

Eventually, we find her asleep in a flower bed outside one of the city halls. The flowers surround her almost like a blanket and she looks so peaceful.