Chapter Twenty-Seven

A picture taken by my mum at Clachtoll in Scotland

A picture taken by my mum at Clachtoll in Scotland. Such a beautiful sunset. I think it fits in perfectly with the sunset at the end of the last chapter :D

I lie tossing and turning, debating on whether or not to tell anyone about the attacker. I don't want to cause any sort of trouble or panic. However, he could be a big threat. How did he get into our lands? Aren't they either guarded by magic or shifters? If he could get in that means others could get in. I don't want to worry my siblings. We need a chance to be young and not have to worry about war. So I again make the decision not to tell them. However, first thing tomorrow morning, I am going to Lady Indira, before anything bad can happen. Somehow, I know that this attacker is only after me. It is instinct telling me. If he can get in, so can others and that could lead to something much worse.

Morning comes and I am up long before I need to be so as to go to Lady Indira before my sibling's wake. I get into my uniform as quietly as I can then race through the corridors.

"Lady Indira, are you here?" I ask as I walk up the stairs into her office, nervousness filling my body.

"Yes, Isla? What's the matter?" She has a frown on her face as I go and sit in front of her desk. The morning sunrise glows throughout the room and I am momentarily distracted.

"Isla?" she asks.

"Yes, sorry," I say then clear my throat. "I have something to confess," I tell her.

"Go on," she says. I tell her everything. From the attack to the weird black goo and the effect it had on me and spotting him last night. I even tell her that I believe he is after me alone.

"I didn't want to tell anyone at first," I carry on, seeing a concerned frown on her face. "I didn't want to cause any panic, especially as I thought that I was the target. But thinking about it last night, I realised that if he could get into our land even with all the protection around it, then others could too and that is something you really needed to know."

"You should have come to us sooner Isla," she scolds.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't really sure how to deal with the situation," I sigh.

"You aren't alone anymore. We are all here to help you. From now on, you tell us if something like this happens again, okay?"

"Yes, Lady Indira. I'm so sorry I didn't tell anyone," I say. She smiles softly.

"I'm glad you've said something Isla. I know it must still be hard to adjust to not having to do everything yourself but we really are here for you. If you feel your or any other lives are threatened, then don't be afraid of coming to us. Even if its something small. It is best to tell us so we can take precautions than not telling us. We won't be angry at you. We've been around a long time Isla, we know how to deal with these things without causing panic."