Chapter Sixteen

This is another picture taken by my mum

This is another picture taken by my mum. It was taken at a place called Clachtoll in Scotland. It is a very beautiful place and on sunny days the water is really pretty. This place inspires only a little bit of the scenery in this chapter, there will be a lot of differences from this place and the place I am describing in my chapter but there will be small details similar. I hope you enjoy.

We fly for many hours, the scenery passing in blurs beneath us as it slowly changes from green land to almost desert-like.

"We are now in the lands of Zara!" Princess Kayleigh shouts. The clouds we flew in are now gone and I can feel the intense heat and there is a dryness to the air. There are a few sprinkles of green glistening the pale sandy surroundings.

"There are many cities all across Zara and we will fly over some. We will be going to the biggest city, where the Scorpallis family live." We do fly over a few cities, though we only see them from up high. They are like small mazes from above. Lady Indira swoops lower and we follow her as she lands on near the top of a large hill.

"Why have we stopped?" I ask.

"Look," Princess Kayleigh says as we walk to the top of the rocky hill. My eyes widen. A long stretch of flat land leads to a great wall which is made out of a similar light sandy stone as the ground. Beyond the wall is a great city made of the same stone. Blocked towers all sit close together and rise slowly. All buildings are slightly different shapes and sizes but fit so well together. Right at the top of the city, the highest point is a huge building. A great tower made up of a lot of sections and shapes fitting all together. At the top of the building is a large golden scorpion with its tail curled around over it. The city is so much bigger than Shadows capitol mountain city.

"Come on, they're expecting us," Princess Kayleigh tells us as Lady Indira rises into the sky again.

"This is amazing!" I shout at my siblings. Tanya and Serenity let out a roar in agreement. We fly straight over the wall which I can see it being guarded. Within the streets are so many people and colours. We get closer to the grand building and I can see all the intricate carvings in the stone. I also see Maryanne, Tylo and Finola standing on a huge balcony waiting for us. Some others also stand waiting. Lady Indira lands first followed by us. Quickly, we slide off of the dragons as they transform. Serenity and Tanya stretch their limbs, not used to being in their dragon form for such a long time.

"You're here!" Maryanne shouts, running over to us with her siblings following. I smile broadly, finding it weird not seeing them in their uniform. They wear dresses which are mixtures of golden sandy coloured material and leather style decorations which shape the dresses. The men also wear robes of gold with patterns of scorpions and suns.

"It's good to be here, this city is amazing," Serenity says.

"You haven't even seen part of it!" Tylo replies. I look at the three of them with a big smile.