Chapter Twenty-Six

I again can't remember where this picture was taken but I believe it's somewhere in Wales

I again can't remember where this picture was taken but I believe it's somewhere in Wales. I could be wrong though... Oh well!

"Bye Omar," I say, giving him a warm hug.

"I'll come and see the four of you at the Academy when I can," he replies. I smile.

"That would be great!" I reply.

"You can come with me," the High Queen says to him. "As my personal guard when I come and visit next week," she smiles. Omar beams.

"Thank you, your majesty,," He bows.

"You're coming to the Academy?" Tanya asks the High Queen. She smiles.

"Of course, I always try to visit the next generation of Shifters," she beams. The High Queen looks very elegant again today. With a sweeping yellow dress and her golden jewellery, she looks very delicate. Her pale blonde hair has been tied into a sleek ponytail and her crown glistens on her head.

"It has been lovely to see the four of you again and to have you back where you belong," she beams. I bow my head.

"Thank you, your highness," I say. Iona and Daniel run down the stairs, chasing each other.

"Really you two?" Iona's father sighs. I chuckle at their antics.

"Are you going back today too?" I ask.

"Yeah, all students are going back today," Daniel replies. I nod my head.

"Come on, we'd best be going," Princess Kayleigh interrupts.

"Bye!" Iona shouts whilst grabbing hold of Daniel.

"See you soon," she says to the four of us.

"Iona wait!" The General sighs but it's too late. Iona and Daniel disappear as Iona teleports. Queen Katrina laughs.

"You know she does that just because she knows it annoys you, right?" she mutters to General Xavier.

"Oh yes," he rolls his eyes. I laugh softly at Iona's antics.

"Have a safe journey back," The High Queen says as we walk outside and my sisters shift into their dragon forms. Lady Indira also shifts. I climb on Serenity's back and she stretches her wings. I watch as lots of shifters in the courtyard look at my sisters with awe.

"I'll see you next week," Queen Katrina says as she hugs her sister. Princess Kayleigh climbs onto Lady Indira as she stretches her huge feather wings.

"Goodbye!" I shout to all the warriors and the Queen as Serenity begins to lift off. As we fly away from the palace, I feel Serenity's movements begin to change.

"Oh no!" I shout at her. "No!" I tell her again but she doesn't listen. I let out a shriek as she dives toward the Earth. I form my scales over my body to protect myself from injury as she dives into the ground, making sure that my body stays close to hers as she tunnels through the ground at an incredible speed. I am glad we practised this. For pretty much most of the way back, Serenity dives and tunnels through the ground. The Capitol City where the Academy lies is only about an hour away from the palace. Once we get to the city, Serenity flies up to the sky again and I laugh.