Chapter Sixty Six

Scotland!!!!

Scotland!!!!

The four of us head back to our room and I fall straight into bed to nap. I am exhausted. I wake to hear noise coming from downstairs. Groggily, I stand up and stretch. I then brush the knots from my hair and wipe away the smudged make up off my face. I am also still wearing the posh dress from earlier. Now, it is crinkled and scruffy. I change into a lose, flowing pair of black trousers and a loose red top, the sleeves sitting off the shoulders and the top stopping just above my belly button.

Finally, I head downstairs. All the young Royals are here, sitting on the sofas. Iona and Eric are also here.

"Hi," I say as I descend the staircase.

"Isla!" Oliver shouts, running over to me and throwing me over his shoulders. I scream as he spins me around.

"Let me down!" I shout through my laughs. He does so by throwing me at Toryn. He roars with laughter as my body slams into my brothers and we both tumble onto the ground.

"Oliver!" Toryn and I shout as we both stand. I shake my head as I take a seat on one of the sofas.

"So, what's going on?" I ask.

"Serenity suggested we all spend a little time together as friends," Maryanne says.

"Yeah, before we all are spending all our time ruling from our own lands. The only time we will meet up are for talks about war," Andrea sighs. I look at my sister and smile at her. She grins back, snuggled comfortably in Daniels' arms. Tanya also looks pretty comfortable snuggled into Eric.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner?" I ask.

"We know you needed your rest, Isla," Tanya says. I smile and lean back on the sofa.

The carefree night goes too quickly. We spend the hours talking, playing games, dancing and laughing around. There were a few fights too. It was fun, laughing and joking around with my friends and for those few hours, we had nothing to worry about.

"We'll see you in two days then," Maryanne says as she and her siblings stand to leave. The mood changes and the room quietens.

"Goodluck," Yvette says. Maryanne nods.

"Goodluck to all of you," Maryanne smiles, but there is a sadness to it. Oliver stands.

"Whoever get's chosen," he starts. "I just want to say, that I'll follow you all to the end and back." I feel tears pricking in my eyes as warmth spreads through me.

"What if you're chosen?" Daniel asks.

"Well then, you'll all have to follow me," Oliver replies, pushing out his chest and deepening his voice. We all laugh and I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him. He lifts me off the ground and almost crushes me.