chapter five

I'm gonna like put a photo of Luke's outfit each chapter because he's fucking cute like that, ok

Luke loves blink and ATL and Paramore but has a huge obsession with Taylor swift because shes his style icon and Justin Bieber is like his king ok

-

I'd decided to wear a light grey dress and pairing it with a black and grey plaid shirt around my waist and my favourite, battered white converse. My nails had been painted by my mum the night before as we had a girly night; Jack and Ben were at a party. Now my nails matched my jeans.

I did my eyeliner and mascara quickly before adding a thin layer of foundation to hide a spot that had decided to pop up over night, along with some matte lipstick and grabbed my bag.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and grabbed the toast mum held out to me. Calum was already waiting outside in his car, along with Michael. I kissed my mothers cheek before leaving. It was a quick trip to school in the car and we soon got there.

Even after being at the school for a week now, people still stared at me. I knew I dressed better than half of the girls at the school and did my make-up better too but still. I knew I was different but I didn't care.

We went to Michael and I's lockers first and I sorted out my PE kit, that I sadly had to do again, before the speakers crackled around the school.

"Attention students." It was the principles voice--I vaguely remembered him from when I had to come visit the school with my mum. "Can I please have Luke Hemmings come to my office. That is all."

The speakers crackled again before turning off. All the students in the hallway had stopped and stared at me as I slowly and awkwardly closed my locker. I turned to Calum and Michael, and widened my eyes, "W-Where's the p-principles office?" I asked quietly.

Calum said he'd show me the way and I slowly followed him, ignoring everyone's stares. Calum stopped at a door and he knocked for me, before giving me a sorry look and walking away.

The door opened and the principle stood there, "Welcome Luke, come on in." He turned around and walked in making me follow, taking the seat in front of his desk as he sat down.

"D-Did I-I do s-something?" I asked nervously, my stutter increasing and tripping over every word. My hands were shaking slightly because I never was naughty at school and I'd never been sent to the heads office. I was a good student. What the hell had I done? Was this because I'd skipped two lessons the other day?

"Luke, I'm here to talk about the way you dress." He started, "People have come to me with complaints about the way you dress and the fact you wear make-up." He said it so professionally and monotone, that I briefly wondered if he had a heart.

"W-What a-about it?" I asked.

"They feel uncomfortable around you and they wanted me to ask you if you would stop wearing the make-up and all the feminine clothes."

My heart shattered, and I clenched my hands on my lap. This was fucking unfair. Everyone else got to dress how they wanted and I couldn't? It was down right disrespectful and condescending.

So I started to rant.

"Wait, why the fuck can everyone else wear all their shitting ass clothes that are from Walmart and I can't wear my nice clothes and my mother brought for me especially so I could express myself and be who I am. I had to tell my dad about this and you know what he did? He left the house and disowned me. So I think I have a fucking right to wear whatever the fuck I would like. And my make-up is my make-up, there are girls here who wear it like a clown and I can't wear any at all. What the fuck happened to equal rights and--"