chapter forty six*

He still looks cute covered in slime but his shirts ruined and I love that shirt dammit Luke

-

It was May 2nd now.

And I'd been single for three and a bit months now. Ashton and I were friends and we hung out but never alone, we were always with someone else. Mainly Michael or Harry and Louis.

It was weird because ages ago we were so fine about being alone. In fact we use to love being alone together just so we could make out or watch TV or even just talk.

We even went through the whole returning the stuff phase.

I knocked on Ashton's door one day, Jack sitting in the car for me waiting because he knew this was hard. Ashton answered the door and when he saw the small cardboard box in my hands, he knew.

He knew it was really over then and there. No turning back.

"Oh," he said, frowned. "Were really doing this?"

"Uhm, yeah, I guess so. I just want to get my stuff and leave, I know--"

"You don't know how much it hurts to open the door to that." Ashton sighed and then he stepped to the side and let me in. "Jacks here?"

"Uhm, yeah, our families going out for dinner later it's Bens birthday." I shrugged, waiting for Ashton as he closed the door.

"Oh well tell him I said hi when you see him." Ashton said softly, "You can go on upstairs and get your stuff."

I nodded and walked up the stairs and in to the bathroom. I sighed when seeing there was anther tooth brush for me still there. I took a deep breathe and opened the cabinet and taking out the make up I'd left.

I went in to Ashton's bedroom and it was a mess. Beer bottles on the bedside table and a small pile of takeout boxes by the over flowing bin.

I gulped as I saw my flower crown on the side table and I walked over it to pick it up and then I saw a pair of my panties. I sighed and put them both in the box.

I turned and looked to the messy bed and remembered the times Ashton and I had been in that bed. Cuddling, talking, having sex. I shifted uncomfortably at the memories and looked around for anything else.

When I saw nothing I headed back downstairs and I went to the living room to see Ashton standing in the kitchen doorway and looking at his fridge.

The fridge.

I walked over to him and looked at the fridge to see at least a good forty something magnets and they were all different from other countries but a few were from the same place like London for example and New York.

Then I saw some of our Polaroids.

We were kissing and cuddling and they were all by Louis and he took secretive ones of just our hands under tables or Ashton's hand on my thigh or of me on Ashton's lap. I kind of missed it.

"So this is the famous fridge." I said quietly.

"Yeah..." Ashton smiled sadly. He looked at me, "Sometimes when I miss you I'd sit in front of the fridge and just look at it while drinking vodka and sometimes Harry would join me and we'd cry about about lives a little." He laughed dryly.

"It was good while it lasted." I said smiling up at Ashton.

"yeah it was." Ashton huffed before saying, "You better get to your brothers birthday thing."