twenty seven.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁⊱ 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐧𝐞 ⊰𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
⊱ 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐧𝐞 ⊰
𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

the two shows in dallas went by without the rockstar even paying much attention. it was hard to focus when his mind was completely elsewhere, probably why his voice cracked a few more times than normal and lyrics were forgotten, which he hid well by holding the mic out for the crowed to sing instead.

it just made sense now, everything that taehyung has observed and questioned. it all made sense. jungkook had a daughter that he still misses, and he must have just been trying to get away from that and avoid everything that would remind him of her.

taehyung wondered where the mother was. he wondered if this is why the older male never finished high school, it had to have been. it's the only thing that would explain how old he was when she was born. based on the photo she looked older, at least middle school. there was so much he wanted to ask, so much he wanted to know, but it never seemed okay to bring it up. not unless he does first, which doesn't seem likely.

the makeup stylist had been keeping himself busy with work, staying at the stadiums and helping out with anyone that seemed to need it. he spent time with woosung a lot, learning about what the sound crew did and even lighting. he just wanted to fill his brain with anything else.

the states was becoming the busy part of the tour, with the cities close by and only taking a day to drive to with the tour bus, that's all the time they had to catch up on sleep and relax. they had already set their destination for a show in orlando and then atlanta, following two more in new jersey — and that was all in just the next week.

taehyung was exhausted. he knew he would be, but with the desire to do more than just sing and practice, he couldn't find time for it all. not when there was barely any left these days. as much as he liked jungkook, he couldn't jeopardize his performances, especially when it was his first international tour.

everyone stopped for lunch again after the last new jersey show, the next stop washington dc. that was the last show in the states.

taehyung hoped to sit next to jungkook again, but the male had already picked a spot down the table between woosung and someone else that did the lighting for his sets. the disappointment was evident, in the small frown and lack of enthusiasm for the usual sandwhich he orders because it's the absolute best, he always said that. not this time though.

at one point he did feel jungkook looking over at him, but he ignored it. taehyung didn't want to be immature but at the same time he didn't want to chase someone who clearly needed space, or whatever it was he wanted. the rockstar could only assume that jungkook regretted saying anything. it probably slipped out when he was feeling weak.