"I love ye," he sighed.

"I love you too, Ringo," she smiled. She approached him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She stroked Blue's small head. "Let's give my girl a bath," she cooed.

Her mother turned on the faucet and let it run until the water became warm. She put the soft blankets around the sink and closed the drain. The bathroom was warmed by the hot vapor. She asked her husband to change the baby out of her clothes. He was quick to whisk the baby back to the room and undress her. Elsie entered the bedroom with a bowl and a small cup. She peeked at the baby who was wrapped in her blanket to stay warm.

"Have ye covered her belly button, Ringo?" she questioned.

"Her belly button? For what?"

"Ye can't wet her belly button until the little stump falls off. We don't want Blue to get an infection isn't that right, Darling?" Elsie stroked the baby's forehead. Blue only squirmed under the blanket. She was growing uncomfortable.

"Well, what do we cover it with?"

"Do ye have gauze? One of Y/N's pads can work too if we tape it down with medical tape," she suggested. Ringo nodded and disappeared into the bathroom.

"Do we have gauze?" he asked.

"It should be in that drawer," she answered.

Ringo scavenged through the drawer and found it. He hurried back into the bedroom. He smiled as he watched his mother talking to Blue.

"I got it," he said.

"Okay, hold her up, and I'll wrap her up. Hold onto her head!" Elsie instructed.

"I know, I know, I know," he assured her. Ringo cautiously lifted up his daughter. Her grandmother was quick to wrap the gauze around her abdomen. She tucked the end between the wraps. Ringo laid her back down and covered her up again. "Are ye sure she won't get wet?"

"Yes, she'll be fine as long as we keep the water away from her belly button," she nodded.

Y/N returned to their bedroom. She caught them wrapping the baby in her blanket. She picked up the camera from the dresser and toggled with the lense. She snapped various photos. Ringo boasted the baby in his arms and smiled. His actions made her smile as she took a few more photos.

"They'll remind us of the first time we showered Blue," she said.

"They'll serve as instructions too for when ye have your next baby," Elsie teased.

Y/N blushed and brushed off the comment. She was intrigued by the thought of another baby with Ringo, but she was just barely getting used to their newborn.

They traveled to the bathroom. Elsie kept spewing out instructions for the couple to follow. Ringo held the baby as his wife washed her. Blue was calm throughout the whole process and only whined when the warm water poured down her face. Y/N gently massaged the warm water into the baby's skin. The water trickled down Blue's skin and fell into the basin. Every cupful of water from the bowl warmed her body. She was cautious with not wetting Blue's belly button and lathered the body wash into her thin legs. She giggled as she felt the baby's toes squirm between her fingers. Ringo cooed the baby and praised his wife for her gentle hands. Meanwhile, Elsie had gotten the camera and was taking many pictures of the young family. The couple couldn't hear the clicks of the camera as they were too focused on doing a good job. Ringo slowly rotated the baby in his hands and let Y/N wash the rest of her body. She scrubbed the baby's scalp and cleaned behind her tiny ears. Blue whined when water poured down her face. Her mother brushed it off while her father calmed her down. His hands stroked her back as he talked to her. Her mother poured shampoo into the palm of her hand and massaged it into Blue's hair. Ringo kept his hands steady on the baby's fragile body. He watched in awe by how careful she was with washing her. He didn't think he would be able to be as cautious and tender as her. Her hands were dainty and small while his were rough and large. She grabbed a soft baby brush and brushed the baby's short hair. She styled it before returning to washing the rest of the baby. Bubbles drifted through the air and floated on the steaming water from the basin. Y/N washed away all the soap and grabbed the towel. Ringo lifted the whining baby.

His wife quickly wrapped the baby in the towel. He cradled her in his arms and whisked her away. His wife followed after them while his mother stayed back to clean up. Y/N swooned over Blue. She lay on the bed wrapped in her towel with her father looking over her. She began to cry as the towel wasn't keeping her warm.

"Darling, don't cry. You're going to make me cry, Muffin," Ringo cooed. He stroked her chin.

"And if your daddy cries with you, I'm going to cry too!" her mother giggled.

"We don't want that, Blue. Ye know why? Because your mummy is pretty when she cries it makes me cry even harder because I think about how lucky I am to have her and now ye," he murmured.

She blushed and stroked his hair. He glanced back at her with watery eyes. She looked away knowing that if she didn't she would never look away.

She focused her attention on the baby. Blue's cries made her feel vulnerable yet amazed. She still couldn't believe she had a baby with the love of her life. It felt surreal. She felt as if she was only babysitting for a friend. Her eyes drifted back to her husband. She smiled. He had given her everything she could ever need, and she didn't know how to repay him. She always tried to demonstrate to him with all the love she had for him, but it never felt enough. It only felt enough when he held her tight in his safe arms and told her he loved her. Her eyes began to water. She wiped her glossy eyes.

Ringo was already changing the baby. She assisted him with the diaper. He was still struggling with the diaper as he would put it too tight or too loose. She helped him fold it under her belly button and fasten the straps. The baby's cries grew louder. They covered her up with the towel to keep her warm. Ringo even picked her up and cuddled her against his chest.

"Let's get her dressed," his wife whispered.

He nodded and set her down. Her father hovered her body over the mattress as her mother brought the bodysuit over her head. They tucked her arms into the sleeves and buttoned the bodysuit. Ringo wiggled Blue's petite feet before hiding her toes in a pair of pink socks. The couple switched jobs. She held her up as he dressed her. The baby still had trouble filling in the onesie. Blue was smaller than everybody expected and gave her parents a scare. The first time Ringo held her, he was afraid he would break her by how tiny she was. Y/N tucked Blue's hands into the mitten cuffs and shimmied a beanie onto her head. Ringo picked her back up and brought her against his shoulder. He rubbed his nose against her head and gave her a kiss.

"I love ye, Blue. I love ye so much, Blue Moon." His daughter only cuddled into him. He smiled and pat her back before setting her back down. Her mother lay beside her. She stroked her arm. The baby squirmed under her touch. She giggled and pulled away. Ringo laid on the other side and rubbed his nose against the newborn's cheek. He held her hand. Blue kicked her feet and slowly opened her eyes. Y/N smiled as she saw the familiar blue eyes. She could see her husband in her daughter's eyes and her daughter in her husband's eyes. Blue stole her mother's appearance but her eyes. She proved to be her father's daughter with identical crystal eyes. It was always a surprise to see her eyes. Y/N stroked the baby's forehead and snuggled closer. Ringo's arm snaked around her waist. He pressed a kiss on his daughter's head and another on his wife's. "I love ye, my angels."

"We love you too," she whimpered.

They closed their eyes as they soaked in their tremendous love. He never wanted to let go. She never wanted to say goodbye. They drifted in and out of sleep. Blue always squirmed between them while Ringo let out soft snores. Y/N was lost in another world when her mother-in-law burst in.

"Where's my baby?" she yelled. They all jumped. "I miss my little grandbaby." Blue began to cry.

The couple made eye contact and laughed. They may not get a good night's sleep tonight, but they had each other.

....

🥺💓💓 inspired by my niece getting showered by all her aunties and grandmas (I just stood there and watched lmao) imagine ringo holding the baby so carefully and being an angel with them 😩🤧🥰 i cannot 💘