Chapter 6

The morning after a party is always rough and this one is not an exception.
I groan as the sunlight burns holes through my closed eyelids and my head is pounding.
Elise is still fast asleep so I climb over her body to go to the toilet and to get some water for my dry throat.
My reflection in the mirror looks horrifying, there is still some make up on my face that I didn't get off last night and my hair is a mess.
I jump in to the shower trying to wash off the sweat from last night.
Elise is still asleep as I walk back in to my bedroom and my heart drops when I see the time on my phone.
"Wake up", I scream while I shake her shoulder violently.
"We have to be at the airport in three hours", I add while I hectically change into a pair of leggings and a basic white shirt.
Elise mutters something inaudible and rubs her eyes.
"You are going on a date today", she repeats herself now I clearly understand what she is saying and I roll my eyes.
"Are you serious?", I ask her throwing my pyjama shirt at her.
"Don't stress, my suitcase is already packed and we don't need too long to get to the airport", she yawns and sits up reaching for her phone.
"Ugh did I really give that guy my number?", she sighs as and points at some new messages on her screen and I nodd amused.
"But only as friends yeah?", I mock her words from last night.
Elise falls back into the pillows and buries herself with my duvet while I laugh.
Clearly she was the one having more drinks than me.
"When will you meet up today",she asks me her voice is muffled from the duvet and I shrug.
"He will pick you up here?", I can hear the disgust in her voice and I suddenly feel like calling the date off.
"I texted him my address", I confess and nervously play with my bracelets again.
Elise emerges from the blanket and gets up heading to the bathroom.
"Don't worry as long as you don't smell like piss and weed", she laughs and slaps my ass while she passes me.
"Idiot", I call after her, start to make my bed and afterwards boil water for tea and coffee.
I am sure that I won't be able to eat anything before my date.
My stomach feels weird from the alcohol and my nerves are making it even worse.
"Painkiller?", Elise is all done and she looks incredible in her pink tracksuit and white trainers.
I nodd and gratefully take one, hoping that it will get rid of the pounding in my head.
"I am so scared that won't like me", I tell Elise quietly not being able to keep my thoughts to myself anymore.
She wraps her long arms around me "don't be so insecure Vic", she tells me and sits down next to me at the table, reaching for the coffee I made.
I sigh and bury my head in my hands.
How am I supposed to just stop being insecure before a date with a famous singer?
"What's on today's playlist?", Elise takes a sip from the hot liquid and I open the playlist.

1. Walking on sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
2.Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
3.Like you lots - Lany
4.Wait a minute - Willow
5.Mariposa - Peach Tree Rascals

"He is such a sweetheart", Elise coos and I blush.
She is right I shouldn't think too much about it but rather enjoy the last few hours I have left with my best friend.
We pack all of her things and I double check so she doesn't forget anything.
"Bye, shitty flat", she yells and sarcastically blows a kiss towards my bed.
"Shh it might be hurt by that and become even more shittier", I scold her and giggle as I usher her out the door.
On the way to the airport we both talk and talk without even stopping.
I feel like I need to memorise her voice and laugh about as many silly jokes as I can before I won't see her for a long time.
I pull her into a side hug as we nearly arrive at the airport.
"Please just stay", I sigh sadly and she shakes her head pushing me away from her.
"Victoria Webber you are having a date with a famous singer today so stop being sad about me leaving and start being excited", she scolds jokingly.
My heart flutters at the thought of meeting Niall in less than three hours and the uneasy feeling returns to my stomach.
I hold on to Elises hand for as long as I can but when I finally let go there are tears threatening to fall down from my eyes.
"Don't you dare cry right now", she mumbles and I can hear her voice crack.
We hug each other tightly and eventually she pulls away and heads towards the security check in.
"Bye Elle, I love you", I call after her and she turns around smiling sadly and waving.
I wait until I can't see her blonde hair anymore and then I leave to catch the bus back to my flat.
On the way I listen to the five songs Niall picked out on repeat.
When I arrive back at my flat it feels way emptier and colder without Elise.
The outfit for my date tonight is placed on my chair and I smile as I remember how excited Elise was to pick it out for me.
I gently touch the soft fabric of the summer dress and I take it to the bathroom with me.
Due to the heat I have to shower for a second time today and I wash the sweat of off my body.
"Oh how I wish Elise was still here", I tell myself while I am doing my make up and my hair.
She was always the one who did my hair and make up before we went out.
My phone makes a noise while I put on my shoes, I unlock it quickly.

Niall:
"I think I am here"

I throw my phone in my small handbag and check my appearance in the mirror one last time before running out of the door.
"He is early", I realise as I check the time on my phone.
My heart beats incredibly fast as I hold my breath to run through the piss smelling hallway and out to the fresh air.
I immediately spot his car, it is so out of place here, way too expensive for this neighbourhood.
Niall gets out of the car with a big smile on his face and my stomach flutters as I see it.
"You look beautiful", he says and hugs me gently.
"Thank you", I blush at his compliment.
He holds the car door open for me and I climb in.
"Where are we going?", I ask now being noisy.
"It's a surprise", he smiles again and I don't know why but I blush again.
Niall starts the engine and drives out of my street.
I glance at him, his face is concentrated while he focuses on the road.
He looks good, there is no doubt in that, besides me a million girls and boys think the same.
I can't believe I am really sitting in a car with Niall Horan who is taking me on a date.
At a red light he turns around to me and our eyes meet, now I know Elise is right for sure.
I am falling for him, one look out of his blue eyes can make me feel like I am floating through space.