Chapter 5

The napkin with Nialls phone number on it is placed on my kitchen table and I stare at it.
"Are you waiting for him to call you through the napkin?", Elise yawns as she climbs out of my bed and walks over to me.
I frown at her and sigh quietly, I don't even know why I am so scared to just text him.
My insecurities and shyness will ruin this before it has even started.
"You really think he likes me?", I ask her and nervously chew on my bottom lip.
"How blind can you be Victoria, it has been two days and he created a daily playlist for you just as he promised, he is a famous singer you think he does that for every girl he meets?", she answers and gets herself a cup of coffee from the french press I got from my mother in case she wants to visit some time.
"Maybe he does", I moan and throw my head back in frustration, angry at myself for being so complicated.
"You are unbelievable", my best friend complains and shakes her head in disbelief.
"Show me today's playlist", she demands and I hand her my phone.
I know she wouldn't just call or text Niall on my behalf because our friendship is build up on trust and she knows once she breaks my trust it would be impossible to restore it.
"That man has great taste", Elise announces and connects my phone with the bluetooth box, pressing play.
The first song is Lemon Tree by Fools Garden and I smile.
Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley starts playing as I prepare some toast for us and Elise stops the music abruptly.
I spin around and open my mouth to complain but she starts talking before I have the chance to say something.
"You are blind Victoria Webber, the man wants you to call him are you even listening to the lyrics?", she begins and then quotes from the song.
"And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see".
I take a deep breath and grab both the napkin and my phone from the table.
My heartbeat quickens as I save his number and then I look at Elise for advice but she shakes her head.
"No way Vic I am not making the first move for you", she gets up from the table and walks to me so that she is able to look over my shoulder.
"I'll just start with a simple hi", I say more to myself than to her as I start typing a message.
As soon as I hit send I lock my phone and place it back on the table.
"You think he will answer me?", I ask nervously and Elise rolls her eyes.
"That man creates a playlist for you every single day, I think there is a slight possibility that he will answer you", she remarks sarcastically and takes a bite of her toast.
A beep from my phone signals me that recieved a new message but I stay where I am not moving towards my phone.
"Jesus Vic", Elise groans spitting toast everywhere and she takes my phone unlocking it with her fingerprint that has been saved on it.
"It's your mother", she says and hands me the phone and I nearly drop it as I read the message on the screen.
Of course it was not my mother that had texted me.

Niall:
"Hey,I was wondering if you'd lost the napkin"
"luckily you didn't though"

"He answered me Elle", I call out and pull her into a hug as a sudden wave of  excitement comes over me.
"He did, now tell him you want to meet him", she laughs.
The excitement and happiness is having me in a rush so I quickly reply to him.

Vicky:
"Sorry for not texting you earlier, wasn't sure if you were interested in me talking to you"

"I would like to meet you again, but only if that is alright for you"

This time I don't feel as scared as I did before but I am still super nervous, waiting for him to reply.
"I am proud of you Vic", Elise smiles and puts the empty plates in the sink.
"You are coming with me right?", I ask her and she shakes her head again.
"It is a date of course I am not coming with you and to your information I am going home tomorrow", she informs me and my heart sinks.
I have totally forgotten that Elle will be leaving me soon and I grab her arm and hold her tightly.
"No, stay with me", I pout and she kisses my forehead lovingly.
"I will be in your heart forever", she laughs at her own cheesy comment.
Again my phone makes a noise and I quickly unlock it, a smile is plastered on my face.

Niall:
" 'course I am interested in talking to you, I create a playlist for you every day remember ?"

"I would love to meet you again Vic, how about tomorrow night?"

"He is asking me out Elle", I squeal and I don't care that I probably sound like a twelve year old that just texted her crush for the first time.
"Wow what a surprise", Elise tries to suppress her smile but cracks when our eyes meet.
"Answer him quickly now", she demands and my fingers fly over my keyboard.

Vicky:
"Sure tomorrow night sounds great"

I barely have the time overthink because Niall quickly replies.

Niall:
"Great, text me your address and I will pick you up"
"Excited to see you"

The last text makes me squeal again and I smile like a crazy person.
Elise hugs me again happily and starts babbling about picking out an outfit for me to wear tomorrow and how he would definitely fall in love with me tomorrow night.
She leaves me alone in the kitchen and starts rummaging through my closet while I still stare at my phone.
"He is excited to see me", this sentence  repeats itself over and over again in my head.
The sad thoughts of Elise leaving me soon have vanished and I am suddenly looking forward for the day tomorrow.
Excitement bubbles through my veins as I join Elise looking through my clothes that I brought to London with me.
"Let's have a night out tonight", I tell Elise and she agrees happily.
Since it is still early we decide to go to the restaurant we saw with the neon green broccoli sign to have lunch.
Elise wants to go shopping afterwards and end the trip to town with a ride on the London Eye.
Lunch was delicious and I decide that this will be my treat for myself once in a week.
We browse through the stores and look at all the beautiful clothes and accessories.
Elise fell in love with a dark red dress that was so expensive that I had to look twice to properly comprehend how expensive it is.
"I will wear it out tonight", she announces as she twirls around in it and snaps some pictures in the changing room.
"You look like a goddess Elle", I tell her and she flicks her hair over her shoulder.
"Thank you", she smiles and changes in to her normal clothes again.
We head to the check out and Elise pays with her credit card.
I used to have some nasty jealous thoughts about Elise and how much money she makes with modeling but I definitely don't have them anymore.
She works hard for her money and the pictures that she has from the shootings are always amazing.
We link our arms again as we head to the London eye, we bought online tickets a day before so we could make sure that we'd get on it today.
I am not the biggest fan of heights but if it makes Elise happy I will go on it with her.
The queue is long so Elise and I listen to some music on my phone while we wait.
"Have you listened to his music some more?", Elise asks me noisily and I nodd.
When we got home after the pub I immediately listened to the playlist he created with his favourite songs and then I went on to listen to all of the band albums and his own one.
I have to say he is very good and his voice is incredible.
"You can soon listen to his voice every day, he will sing for you when you wake up and when you go to bed", Elise dreams and I laugh.
"I think I would feel very strange if he would randomly sing a serious song for me", I tell her as we move further to the entrance.
"I bet you won't because you will be too in love with him", she remarks.
"I am not in love with him Elle", I tell her strongly and she raises an eyebrow.
"Not YET in love with him".
With that the conversation is over and it is our turn to climb in one of the glass gondolas.
The view on the themse and the city is amazing and I am glad that Elise kept pestering me to go.
"You will make so many amazing memories here", I tell myself while I look over the city.
The thought of a certain blue eyed man keeps popping in to my head and I can't shake the feeling that is building in my stomach.
Maybe Elise is right and I am slowly but surely falling for him.