Chapter 7

Niall drives me through London, as he promised he wanted to show me around.
I wish we could just casually stroll through the streets and do some window shopping like I did with Elise but I know that this is not possible.
At first I was way too shy to say anything but he asked me countless questions and got me out of my shell.
Suddenly he stops driving and parks the car.
"I need to show you this", he excitedly explains and walks around the car to open my the door for me.
I thank him with a smile and he immediately grabs my hand and pulls me forward.
Electricity flows through my body as his big hand engulfs my smaller one.
He holds tightly on to me and I never want to let go.
Niall slows down and points to an empty bench that overlooks the city and its bright lights.
"Wow", I breathe, I did not expect to see such a magical place in this city.
"I found it when I was with Harry, we wanted to get away from the paparazzis for a while and we ended up here", his eyes light up when he mentions Harry and I feel bad for him and his friends for having to hide away.
We sit down on the bench and he keeps my hand in his while pulling me closer.
I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes for a while, it is still surreal for me.
The whole "being on a date" situation is new to me and it being a date with a famous singer makes it even crazier.
"Do you like it?", he asks and I can feel his voice vibrating through his body.
"I love it, thank you for sharing this special place with me, I appreciate it", I whisper slowly.
"You know Harry and me always bring the girls we like to impress here", he says and I take my head of his shoulder in surprise.
He grins at me and laughs "Just a joke Vic, really", he pulls me back to his side and I chuckle.
"You want to impress me huh?", I ask and it leaves him silent for a while until he speaks again.
"Of course I want to impress you, you are a gorgeous girl I can't just sit and wait for you to fall for me", he says more serious this time and I blush furiously.
He called me gorgeous.
He wants me to fall for him.
It takes a while for me to register that I should probably say or do something now.
I wish I could just lean over and kiss him but something in me tells me not to.
"What if he doesn't really like you?", this thought is stronger than my urge to press my lips on his.
So I speak up "Well you did impress me,Mr. Horan".
He is so close to me, the smell of his cologne is calming to me so is the soft fabric of his shirt.
It is cooler here on the small open hill than in the town and I shiver in my baby blue summer dress as a breeze blows through the trees above our heads.
I hope he didn't notice because I don't ever want to leave this place.
"You cold?", he speaks up and I sigh quietly.
"Yeah, but I don't want to leave", I tell him truthfully, lifting my head from his shoulder so that I am able to look him in the eyes.
"We don't have to", he tells me and then he gets up but motions me to stay seated.
I watch him as he jogs back to his car and gets a blanket from the trunk.
"He is amazing", I mumble to myself and I can't wait to tell Elise all about it when I get back home.
When Niall returns to me, he immediately wraps the blanket around my shoulders an pulls me even closer than before.
His body radiates warmth and I sigh contently.
Both of us stay silent, we don't need to speak, we are happy just being with each other.
The sun has long gone down and it is  dark around us, the moon and the stars being the only light source.
"Sorry for not taking you to a fancy dinner date", he suddenly speaks and I shake my head that is rested against his shoulder again.
"This is way better than any dinner date", I tell him.
The warmth of the blanket and the lack of sleep from the night before make me sleepy.
"Wanna go grab something to eat?", Niall offers and I realise that I am quite hungry.
"Sure", I agree and we get up.
I fold the blanket as neatly as possible and he places it back in his trunk.
"For our next date where I might need it", he had smirked.
He wants to go on a second date with me.
"What do you want to eat, anything you don't like?", he asks me as we leave the parking lot and I answer.
"I don't eat meat or fish but other than that I like any kind of food".
"Then I know a place to go".
Again we drive through Londons nightlife, he is a good driver and I feel safe, even though some drunk people nearly stumble on the streets in front of his car.
"Usually I would not opt to go to a vegetarian restaurant but I will be able to go without meat for tonight", he mentions and I feel uncomfortable.
Did he change his dinner plans just because I am a vegetarian?
"Don't look that worried, I was only joking, we gotta work on that, you need to be able to tell I am kidding in the future", he explains quickly after looking at me for a few seconds.
"Yeah, we have to do that", I say and did he really hint at a second or even third date again?
Niall hands me his phone and tells me to order online already so we only have to pick it up when we are there.
I am surprised that he already trusts me with his phone, after all I could be a potential stalker or crazy fangirl.
I order the food for us via his app and when we arrive at the restaurant he gets out to collect it, not letting me help.
"Here you go", he hands me the fresh food and sits back in his car.
"Again sorry, not really romantic eating in the car", he rubs his neck awkwardly and waits for me to say something.
I reach over the car console and take his free hand that is not holding his food.
"I love it Niall, this night has been amazing", I reassure him and he squeezes my hand.
While we eat he mostly talks and I listen, I love hearing about his work and how complicated his day to day life actually is.
I don't want this night to come to an end but eventually it does and he parks his car in front of my building again.
Our eyes meet and it is clear to see that neither one of us wants to make the first move.
We sit in silence for a while just looking at each other but then he gets up with a sigh and climbs out of the car, again helping me out from my side.
Niall hugs me and I bury my head into the crook of his neck, he is barely taller than me and I love the way we fit together like lost puzzle pieces.
When he pulls away he let's his eyes wander to my lips and then back to my eyes, silently asking for permission to kiss me.
I nodd and he carefully places his lips on mine.