Chapter 17

My fingers run over the soft fabrics of the dresses in the boutique that Niall had dragged me to.
After a small argument that consisted of me trying to convince Niall that a dress from Zara would definitely be enough and him telling me that he could never go into a shop on the high street without being recognized by thousands of fans, he managed to convince me to come to the boutiques where the dresses cost more money than I make in two months.
"What about this dress, it would suit your eye colour", the shop assistant kindly recommends and hands me a deep blue dress.
I nodd, still overwhelmed by all the pretty and expensive dresses surrounding me.
She leads me to the dressing rooms and offers Niall a seat on a couch in front of them.
"If you need any help just call out for me", she smiles a pretty smile and closes the curtain of the dressing room.
I stare at the dresses that both Niall and the shop assistant picked out for me and I reluctantly start to put the first one on.
Immediately I know this is not the one so I don't even bother to show it to Niall, it is way too big for me and the colour makes me look ill.
The second dress is beautiful, it hugs my body perfectly and the fabric feels soft on my skin.
"You look stunning Vic", Niall compliments me as soon as I stand in front of him.
"Very pretty, the dress looks like it is made just for you, we have the shoes that go perfectly with it, do you want to try them on?", the shop assistant already has a shoebox in her hand and Niall nudges me to say yes.
"Princess you will blow their minds", Niall hugs me from behind and I blush.
I can barely recognize myself in the dress, I don't think I have ever dared to touch a dress that is so expensive let a lone dreamt about wearing it one day.
"Are you happy?", he asks me sincerely and I smile widely at him.
"How could I not be, you are amazing", I coo and he kisses my cheeks and then my lips.
I change back into my normal clothes and hand the dress back to the shop assistant who takes it to the counter together with the shoes.
Niall takes out his credit card to pay for the things we picked out together and I place the 50£ on the counter.
The shop assistant gives me a half smile and raises her eyebrow making me feel uncomfortable and I wish I could just leave the store immediately.
Niall sternly puts the money back into my hands and finishes the payment, taking the bags into his hands and saying goodbye to the shop assistant.
"You don't need to pay for that, for anything in fact when you are with me Vic", Niall explains when he sees that I am not alright with the fact he didn't let me give at least a little money to the expensive dress he just got me.
"I don't want to be spoiled Niall, you already do so much for me and I could never give anything back to you", I sigh as we walk back to his car, his arm wrapped around my waist.
"You give me so much Vic, the days I spent with you are my happiest and I love waking up next to you", Niall explains to me and kisses my cheek sweetly.
"Also I wanted to ask you if you'd like to move in with me", he proposes and I stop in my tracks.
"No Niall I can't take that offer!", I raise my voice more than I wanted to and back off from Nialls grip.
"I don't mean immediately Vicky, you can think about it but I want to spend as much time as possible with you and your flat is really shitty you have to admit this, I tried to shower and the showerhead fell on my head", he rambles on and I smile at the mention of my shower.
His eyes look pleading and he pulls me back into his side.
I want to move in with him and spend every single minute that I can with him but I don't want to be a burden and he already does so much for me in the span of only weeks I could never repay him.
"I don't want to be burden to you Niall", I tell him when he packs the bags into the trunk of his car.
"Vic you are not a burden you are doing me a favour by staying with me", he cups my face and kisses me gently.
His eyes are so full of love and honesty that I believe him, that to him I could never be a burden.
"Alright, but I will pay rent", I squeal as Niall grabs me and spins me around kissing my face sloppily.
"Stop it, stop it I am getting dizzy", I push him away from me and he laughs.
"We will get your things now and you will cancel your contract in the morning", he hastily speaks and sits behind the wheel.
"Why are you being so hectical Horan?", I ask amused about his behaviour and his childish smile on his face.
"I got the dates for when I have to leave to go to LA and its only three weeks I have left here", his face darkens and the smile dissapeares from my face.
"Three weeks?", I ask barley audible and he nods reaching for my hand.
"Yeah and I don't know when I will be able to come back, I have so many meetings scheduled", he explains as he drives carefully through the London traffic.
"Obviously you can stay in my house as long as I am gone, you can water my plants and make sure no one breaks in because they think it is vacant", he chuckles and tries to lighten the mood.
I smile halfheartedly, just thinking about how lonely his house is going to be without him makes me sad.
"Hey let's not talk about me leaving anymore alright, let's make the best out of the time I have here", he states and then adds "You could take some time off and we could go on a small holiday".
"Yes I could but I am not letting you pay for it", I strongly demand and he rolls his eyes.
"Why is it so hard for you to just accept the fact that I want to spoil you", he sighs dramatically and I punch his arm.
"I always paid for everything I have, my mother always had expensive presents from her lovers and I vowed to myself that I would never become like her, to be so dependent on presents from men", I explain and he nods.
Thinking about my mother always makes my mood bad and I just want to forget all about her again.
"You don't have a good relationship with your Ma huh?", he asks and I dismiss him quickly not wanting to talk about her.
"Perhaps I will explain it another time, let's just say my family is far from being picture perfect", I huff and he leaves the subject be.
"So you talked about vacation, where would you like to take me?", I change the subject with a smile and he starts talking about various countries he had visited with his bandmates and where he would like to take me first.
I listen to him talk and watch his face not being able to take my eyes off of him.
In my head a thought builds itself and I can barley keep the words from slipping out of my mouth.
The feelings I have for Niall are getting stronger and stronger and I can't help myself but think that I love him.