Chapter 29

I wake up to someone softly humming an unfamiliar tune while running their fingers over my naked spine like tiny dancers.
"Mornin'", Niall stops his humming immediately when he realises I am awake.
"Are you shy singing around me now?", I chuckle and rub my eyes, sitting up so my back is against the headboard of the bed.
He wraps the thin, silky duvet around my half exposed body before he locks lips with me.
"I love singing to you but kissing you is way more fun".
With that we are deep into our next makeout session, his large hands are all over my skin and low moans escape his mouth as my hands roam over his body.
God I missed him so much, his touch is heavenly and I don't think anyone could ever make me feel the way he does.
Sexually but also in terms of our relationship.
He is famous and I know I need to share him with thousands of screaming fans, hot employees at the record label and female (and some male) stars on the red carpet, but I also know that in the end he will be mine, only mine.
His love doesn't shrink but only grows wider and deeper and I admire him for that.
"I love you", I breathe against his swollen lips and he replies with the same three words.
My heart aches as I look at him. The slight stubble on his chin, the small blemishes on his face, his unruly eyebrows that are strangely too blonde for his natural brown hair and lastly his eyes.
Some days storm grey, sometimes as blue as the ocean on a hot summer day and sometimes they seem to hold all the different colours of the rainbow. The deeper I look into them the more I feel like I am drowning in them, it is a little bit scary to lose control of my body and senses but I know that before I will die, Niall will pull me out and safe me.
"You are so gorgeous Ni", I whisper not wanting to break the magical atmosphere and not wanting to startle him because he looks just seconds away from falling back into a slumber.
Niall doesn't reply but simply takes my hands and places them on his slightly sweaty chest "You feel that Vicky?", he asks referring to his rapid heartbeat and I nod, not really getting where this is going.
"You make me feel this way, you make my heart beat faster and my smile wider. I love you so much you don't even understand".
"A little cheesy, I know babe", he chuckles lowly but I shake my head.
An incredibly loud and obnoxious knocking fit on our door makes us both jump. Niall covers me with the blankets before getting up and throwing on his boxers that we carelessly threw on the floor last night.
"You must be Niall", I hear my mothers voice before I see her and roll my eyes pulling the thin duvet higher to cover my breasts.
"Couldn't you at least wait until he was dressed?", I hiss at her when she invited herself inside and then sat on the unmade bed.
Niall had excused himself to the bathroom and seconds later he started the shower.
"Don't be dramatic Vicky it's not like I have never seen a naked man before", she smiles at her own joke.
"You should get dressed too, I booked us a table at a restaurant I want you to meet someone and I also want to get to know Niall, two birds with one stone right?", she continues and I huff.
"Niall just came back from L.A. I bet he is jet lagged and also has more important things to do than going for brunch".
My mother shakes her head "I thought you'd be more grateful that I helped your boyfriend with his surprise".
"That was indeed very nice of you mom", I admit with a small smile directed towards her.
"We will meet in the lobby in 20 minutes", she demands with a thin smile on her red lips before leaving me in bed.
Niall steps out of the bathroom, steam surrounding him and water dropping from his wet hair onto his naked chest.
"Staring is rude", he chuckles and starts getting dressed for the day.
"Did you know about my mother's plans for brunch?", I ask already knowing the answer.
"No, but it's fine we can go", he says and I sigh.
"She is intense and I am sorry that you get to meet her this way", I begin to talk while collecting my clothes from the floor.
"Meeting my dad didn't go well either", I chuckle bitterly at the thought of my fucked up family life. I know I could definitely have it worse but I know for sure that if I ever have children I would make sure to show them more love than they could take and to never make them feel like a burden.
Niall shakes his head and sents water droplets flying through the room. "It's fine, you are not your parents and most importantly we are not your parents".
"We will go to brunch and then we can go home and cuddle and I will cook for you", I tell him before pecking his lips softly.
I drag my feet a little feeling uncomfortable as Niall and I follow my mother out of the hotel and into a taxi.
"You aren't dressed for the occasion but that's fine", my mother remarks, climbing into the passenger seat.
I roll my eyes "I am aware of that mother but I don't have anything else to wear", I groan and fasten my seatbelt. Niall grabs my hand and holds it tightly, telling me that I shouldn't get upset over my mothers snappy remarks.
The place my mother had picked out is uncomfortably huge and I feel out of place as soon as we step inside.
It's an old manor on the outskirts of London, with beautiful old furniture and fancy paintings on the wall.
A young waitress guides to our table with a fake smile she looks me up and down and let's her eyes linger on my face for a second before turning her attention to Niall.
She is obviously flirting with him and touching his arm from time to time while we walk through the big restaurant, Niall seems oblivious to it.
When we reach our table in the back of the  old orangery Niall pulls out my seat before he takes his own seat and quietly talks to the waitress that's still standing next to our table, her hand again on Nialls biceps.
"You are being a little bit unprofessional here", he gently takes her hand off of his arm and she blushes furiously.
"All yours babe", Niall whispers in my ear and my face reddens at his words.
Our hands intertwine again while looking through the menu and hearing my mother ramble about god knows what.
"Where is this person you want me to meet?", I ask while taking a sip of my tea looking at her long fingers tapping nervously on the wooden table.
"He will be here soon!", she sounds nervous, a tone I rarely hear from her.
I frown and raise my eyebrows feeling uneasy seeing my mother act so different, normally she is far from nervous or scared she is too self absorbed and confident.
Niall yawns, desperately trying to hide the fact that he is tired, focusing his eyes on my mother.
"Don't be mad", I hear my mothers rushed voice and I stop staring at my boyfriends drained face.
I make a face again very confused on why my mother is acting so out of character.
Her eyes are fixed on someone behind me and she gets up as soon as I can hear someone panting heavily.
"Vic", Niall speaks slowly, he had turned his head before me and his tone scares me.
I look into a familiar face, we share the same pair of eyes and the same mole right next to our ears.
"Dad?".
I am in disbelief and I need to pinch myself before watching the scene that unfolds itself in front of my eyes.
"Celia", my father speaks and pecks her cheeks before extending his hand to Niall who is now also awkwardly standing next to his chair.
"Thank you for giving my phone number to my daughter", he smiles genuinely at Niall before he turns to me.
"Don't run away again Victoria please let us have this one brunch and talk civilised.", he begs with his eyes not leaving mine.
It's like looking into a mirror, his eyes are like mine and I give him a small nod.
Not that I forgive him or my mother for that instance but I am now ready to listen and that's what I will do.