Chapter 39

Lia hugs me tightly before I climb into the taxi and she repeatedly tells me that she loves me.
I laugh and push her away when she tries to kiss my cheek.
"See you at work on Monday, have fun with a moody Lewis", I yell and hang my head out the open car window.
Lia waves until the taxi driver turns a corner and I roll the window up.
I plug my headphones in and scroll through my music until I find an upbeat song that fits my mood.
Faintly I can hear the drivers swears when he has to stop at a red light or a car cuts him off.
Just when we arrive the hill, I tell him to stop because I would love to walk the rest of the way, the sun is slowly getting ready to let the moon take over the rule of the sky for a few hours and I am yearning for some fresh air.
Relief washes over the taxi driver when I pay him and leave a gracious tip.
I wrap my winter coat tightly around me while walking up the hill, the nature is bathed in orange-golden lights and I wish my phone camera would do justice to the beauty of my surroundings.
When I see Niall and the bench, I pick up my speed and rush into his arms.
"Where is the taxi?", he askes confused and presses a quick kiss to my cheek.
"Wanted to walk", I explain and then I look around, properly taking in what Niall had prepared for us.
The bench is padded with soft blankets and pillows that I recognize from our spare bedroom, a cool box is placed under the oak tree that has fairy lights in his empty branches.
"Wow Niall", I breathe and I let him, gently push me on the bench and wrap another blanket around me.
I didn't see his guitar until now, when he grabs it from besides the tree and looks at me with rosy cheeks.
"You know, while I was away in L.A. my thoughts were filled with you.
All I could write about was your beautiful smile, your contagious laugh, your shining eyes and most importantly your pure soul.
I wrote countless drafts of songs that I will never finish because they could never, ever be good enough for you.
They wouldn't do you justice.", Niall stumbles over his words and I need some time to process what he just said to me, but he immediately starts talking again.
"When we had this fight, I knew that it would break me to lose you. I can't imagine my life without you. Seeing you with my family has only made this feeling stronger, I need to be with you for as long as I breathe."
Niall silenced and starts to play a chord on his guitar.
"I am finally confident enough to show you the song I wrote, it is yours, only yours".
My eyes water and I blink rapidly, not wanting my gaze to leave Niall.
His voice is beautiful and it flows through the cool air like a soft summer breeze, it touches my heart and my soul before leaving the two of us sitting on the bench and flies over the town where millions of people are unaware of how much love is being shared on this little hill, at this exact moment.
Tears are now running freely over my cold cheeks, I try to soak up every word he sings to my face, every little bit of the beautiful song but it ends to soon and I am sad when he stops and places his guitar, carefully on the ground again.
"It's called black and white", he whispers slowly, his voice now quiet and insecure.
I reach for him and pull myself on his lap, holding on to his strong arms and trying to show him how much this means to me.
"I love it", I simply manage to say before kissing him passionately.
Our lips move in sync like they always do, like they know how the choreography goes and they taste like salt from both of our tears.
Niall lifts me up and places me on the bench, for the second time this night.
The sun is now nearly gone and everything is shimmering in pinks and purples and I again wish I could take pictures with my eyes.
When I am comfortably snuggled under the soft blanket again, he kisses my forehead before kneeling down on the dirty grass in front of the bench.
My eyes widen and my heart speeds up when his sweaty and trembling hands reach for mine, equally sweaty and trembling ones.
His voice shakes because of all the emotions it has to hold in this moment.
"Victoria Webber, spending the last few months with you was like finally finding my light after years of being stuck in the door. You brought so much love to me and I still can't believe you are mine. I don't ever want to lose you, I would happily drop everything for you and it does scare me, how much I love you but it reassures me that what we have is real and rare.
Walking up next to you is a blessing every single morning and going to sleep, with you in my arms is just so rewarding.
Vic, I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life.
Will you please marry me?"
His blue eyes have never looked more beautiful than in this exact moment and I crash my lips on his before pulling back and nodding wildly.
"Fuck, I forgot to give you the ring", he swears loudly and he pulls a little blue box from his jeans pocket.
I watch him closely when he places my hand in his again and slips the beautiful ring on.
It's a silver ring with a rose quartz in the middle.
"My Ma told me, a rose quartz represents endless and unconditional love".
"I promise you my love for you is unconditional, Niall Horan".