Chapter 22

*TW* Mention of blood (not too graphic)
"Stupid thing", I yell at the pot on the stove.
The water I boiled for the pasta is spilled everywhere and I angrily wipe it away.
It is Nialls last night before he leaves for the US and I am dreading the goodbye.
He had some last minute interview he had to go to and that was very convenient to me because I plan on surprising him with a home cooked dinner.
Apparently I suck at cooking, I can't even boil water without spilling it everywhere.
I check my watch and I see that I only have roughly about an hour left before Niall comes back home.
I decide that I give the pasta another try and while I wait for a new load of water to boil I start cutting some onions for the pasta sauce.
My thoughts don't let me focus on anything else but Niall leaving me and before I know it I slip with the knife and cut the palm of my hand.
"Ouch", I scream more in shock than in pain and quickly wrap a kitchen towel over my hand to stop the blood from going everywhere.
I keep on cursing myself while trying to continue to cook but my hand starts hurting more and more.
By the time I hear Niall opening the door I am sat on the couch with a miserable look on my face while clutching onto my hand that is still wrapped in a now blood stained kitchen towel.
The food is partially done but I couldn't bring myself to set the table.
"Babe what happened?", Niall rushes to me and drops his bag on the floor.
"I am so sorry, I tried to make this night special for you, for us. I messed this up so badly and now my stupid hand wont stop bleeding", I cry while he gently unwraps my hand from the towel and I watch him cringe at the sight of the wound.
"It's alright babe, we will go to the hospital and get your hand fixed now", he kisses my forehead gently and helps me stand up.
"But the food will get cold", I whine and point to the kitchen.
"Maybe your hand will fall off if we don't go to the hospital you don't want this to happen do ya?", Niall asks dryly and drags me to his car.
"I am so sorry", I keep repeating it on the drive to the hospital and everytime I say it Niall kisses my uninjured hand and tells me to stop apologizing.
"Babe it was an accident and I would rather know that you are going to be alright than to have you suffering while having dinner", he explains calmly while we pull into the parking lot of the hospital.
Niall helps me to walk since I am feeling a little dizzy after losing a good amount of blood from my hand.
With his arm wrapped around my waist and my head on his shoulder we shuffle towards the entrance of the hospital.
"Niall what is wrong with your girlfriend?", a paparazzi shoves a camera into my face and I jump because I hadn't seen the man coming over to us.
"My girlfriend is hurt and I would rather not speak to you at the moment as it is crucial for her to get help soon", Niall speaks in a low voice and I know he is going to lash out if the man won't leave us alone.
"Is she pregnant?", he asks still holding the camera close to my face so I turn away and nuzzle it into the crook of Nialls neck.
Niall gently grabs my injured hand and holds it into the camera "No she is not pregnant but bleeding heavily so you should just let us get through", he growls and pushes his camera away from my tear stained face.
"I am sorry I will leave now but a good story is important in my job", he explains weakly and backs away.
"Well my girlfriend is also important for me and I would like to have her get the help she needs sooner than later", Niall snarls before he gently pushes me towards the entrance.
"Thanks Ni", I kiss his jaw and he relaxes a little under my touch.
"Those bloody paparazzi never leave you alone", he huffs in annoyance when a nurse appears who looks at me in concern.
"We have an examination room that's free for you to go in now", she smiles sweetly and leads us to the room while asking me if I feel faint or ill.
Nialls arm doesn't leave my waist not even after I sat down on the examination table he stands so close to me that he can still hold me with ease.
"Cooking accident?", the doctor rushes inside and shakes Nialls and my hand before unwrapping the kitchen towel and taking a good look at my hand.
"You know most accidents happen in your own home", he tries to lighten the mood by making small talk but all I can think about is how I ruined Niall and my last night together.
"How are you feelin'?", Niall asks when we are finally leaving the hospital.
It is already dark outside and I can imagine that the food I made is now super cold and probab won't taste half as good as it did when it was still fresh.
"I am so sorry", I blurt out but before I can continue speaking he crashes his lips onto mine.
"I am just glad you are okay Vic", he breathes against my lips and helps me back into the car.
The doctor had given me some medicine for the pain and my hand is now all wrapped up in bandages.
"I will treat my poor babe to dinner and please promise me you won't cook unsupervised while I am in the US", he chuckles and starts the car.
"I wanted tonight to be special because I will just miss you so much", I mumble still upset about how our night has turned out and knowing that I could have prevented it if I had just ordered some take out for us.
"Shush for tonight you are not allowed to talk about it anymore and the word sorry is banned now too", Niall demands and I can manage to put a smile on my face.
I don't want to ruin the last hours I still have with him by being sad and upset so I try to forget about it and just enjoy a nice dinner with the most amazing boy.
We end up on the bench up on the hill again, with a blanket wrapped around us and the city shimmering in yellow and orange lights to our feet.
"Think of this night whenever you miss me and remember how much I love you Vic", he rests his head on my shoulder and kisses my neck sweetly while I sigh sadly.
"I don't even know what I will do when you are gone Ni", I admit and he frowns.
"You have friends and you can invite them to our house, you could invite your Mom over since you haven't properly spoken to her in about a month", he suggests and I shrug.
Perhaps it's a good idea for me to invite my mother it is true I haven't talked to her properly in a while due to me being around Niall every chance I got and our relationship is already not the greatest so I should at least try to fix it a little maybe she will stop saying things like men are only good for their money.
I text my mother and then put my phone away for the rest of the night because nothing is as important to me as spending every last second with Niall by my side.
Trying to remember how his touch feels, his hair smells and his eyes look at me with so much love and happiness that I feel like my heart is going to burst.
"I love you so much Niall Horan", I pull his head up to mine and kiss his lips for as long as we can without needing to take a breath.