Chapter 14

Niall and I finish our food just as the candle on the table burns out.
"Would you want to stay here tonight?", he asks a little blush appears on his face and I accept his offer.
My heart wants to he with him so much that my brain doesn't even have to chance to protest.
I help Niall put away the dishes and store away the leftovers in the huge fridge.
After I texted Elise that everything is worked out now she sends me a heart emoji and then I turn off my phone.
"Wanna watch a movie?", Niall asks and leads me back to the living room and onto the big couch were our makeout session from a few hours ago began.
I simply nod, I don't really care what we do as long as I get to be with Niall.
He selects a movie on his big TV while I look around the room a little more, not trying to snoop but I am a natural pretty observant and also curious person.
The pictures on his dark shelf caught my eye and I walk over to them, letting my hand brush over the soft fabric of the sofa.
One picture shows a young Niall with a few missing teeth, grinning happily while holding a melting ice cream in his hand.
A picture of a family gathering, probably a wedding, is placed next to it. Niall is a little older, his hair dyed blonde, his arms wrapped around his mother and his father.
Probably the latest photograph is Niall with a little boy on his lap, he is around five and is proudly wearing a football Jersey of an Irish club.
Both Niall and the boy share the same goofy smile and pretty face.
I smile when I think back on how Niall treated the kids at the house and it gives me a fuzzy feeling.
Next to it in a silver frame sits a picture of him and his fellow band mates, all happily smiling, Liam is standing behind Niall, towering over the smaller boy and resting his arm on his shoulder.
"Snooping around huh?", Nialls voice makes me jump and I spin around to face him.
He grins and wraps his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.
"Do you miss it?", I ask him pointing to the picture of him and the boys.
His body stiffens a little at the mention and I wonder if I said something I shouldn't have.
"Yes I do, sometimes, it was such a great party of my life and I love these boys with all of my heart but we kinda drifted apart", he says the last part more quieter and I turn around again so I can face him.
"It's natural that you grew apart, you are not who you were when you were a teenager", I say softly and brush my lips over his cheekbone.
"Somedays I miss the chaos and loudness there was never a boring time with them", his eyes look distant when he is lost in the memories of the past years of his life.
"You still see them do you?", I carefully ask and he nods slowly.
"We do stay in contact, I am beyond proud of what they have accomplished in the past few years, I mean two of them have children alds", he laughs at the last words and I smile.
The love he has for his fellow band mates is evident in his eyes when he speaks about them.
"But this break was definitely necessary, I had so much more time to focus on myself and my family", he adds and guides me back to the sofa where the movie is all set up.
I sit down between his legs, my back against his chest and his head resting on mine, arms tightly around my waist.
The movie starts and I snuggle deeper into his chest, the steady beating of his heart and his smell quickly lulls me into a deep slumber.
My dreams are interrupted by Niall shaking my shoulder in the morning.
"I wanted to wake you in a different way but you fell asleep on me and I can't move my arm", he chuckles into my ear and I quickly scramble away from him.
"What time is it?", I ask him groggily rubbing my hands over my face.
"Around nine", he yawns and I jolt up.
"F*ck, I have to go to work", I curse and he laughs as I straighten out my dress and frantically look for my handbag and phone.
"Not funny Horan", I groan and shoot him an evil look but that only makes him laugh more.
"Help me", I whine annoyed and he gets up but instead of helping me look for my things he pulls me into a hug and crashes his lips on mine.
"Niall", I half heartedly try to push him away but he is stronger and I really want to stay here with him.
"Call in sick", he mumbles, his warm breath runs over my neck and I get goosebumps all over my body.
The power that he has over me scares me, my last relationship ended brutally and I promised myself to not fall that hard for anyone ever again but I broke that promise on the day that Niall first kissed me.
I shake my head weakly but I feel like melted wax in his hands.
"I promise I will make it worth it", he says in a hushed voice while grabbing my bum, making me squeal.
"Ni, I can't and I am sure that you have things to do", I bite my lip when I look into his lustfilled eyes.
I do want to stay with him and do god knows what with him but I have a responsibility for the kids and we are already short staffed.
"I will drive you", he sighs and then points to the wardrobe in the hallway.
"I hung your bag up when you were showering and I think your phone is in the kitchen", he yawns and I thankfully kiss his lips.
We walk back down to his garage, he is wearing a hoodie that covers his face just in case some fans do find his house and lurk in front of it.
In the car he takes my hand again and plays with my fingers, not starting his car and I turn to look at him.
"I gotta go to LA soon", he mumbles sadly and my heart sinks.
Is this the part where he tells me that we are done?
The part where he drops me off at work and he kisses me one last time and I will never see him again?
The part where I am just one of his girls, a short affair and nothing more?
My brain spirals with its thoughts and I curse myself.
I did fall for him too soon and too fast and I will pay for it sooner or later when he calls it all off.
When he doesn't want to be with me anymore.
I anxiously wait for Niall to say something, looking into his pretty eyes and I feel tears brimming in mine.
How am I supposed to be without him?
I already feel like I have known him forever and my heart really wants to be with him until the end of time but my head knows that this is probably foolish dreaming.