Chapter 30

I did as I promised. I listen.
My father talks and only stops from time to time to let my mother fill some of the gaps.
His eyes are glued to his plate and never meet mine only when he is eventually done explaining he looks up.
Again I see a mirror of my own eyes and I see honesty and regret mixed with hope shimmering in his.
"Can you forgive me Vicky?", he asks, his voice quivering a little while we keep our eyes locked.
"Not entirely but someday I will", I speak truthfully and he sighs in relief and I reach for his hand that rests on the table next to his glass of water, and give it a small squeeze. He acknowledges my approach with a smile that grows bigger and bigger.
We continue the brunch on a much lighter note. My father tells us about his catering business and is heavily interested in anything Niall says.
My mother smiles at me with a small wink and I roll my eyes playfully a little bit mad at her for throwing me in this situation but also reliefed that my father and I finally started to restore our relationship.
Niall yawns more frequently but tries to hide it.
I gently touch his arm when my parents aren't looking "We should go home you are exhausted", I speak concerned when I see how bloodshot his blue eyes are.
He starts to shake his head but stops and nods instead and smiles thankfully after pecking my lips.
"It was nice but we really need to go now", I speak up and my parents nod understandingly and we say our goodbyes.
I call a taxi and Niall leans his head on my shoulder while we wait, slightly dozing off.
It's hard waking him up when we arrive at  home and I gently lead him up to the bedroom, helping him undress and tucking him in.
"Sleep well, I will wake you for food babe", I kiss his forehead but he doesn't respond, his eyes are already shut and quiet snores escape his lips.
I gently close the blinds to keep the sunlight out and quietly sneak out of the room, letting Niall have his well deserved rest.
Downstairs I brew myself a cup of tea and call Lia while laying on the couch, impatiently waiting for her to tell me about her and Lewis.
I can barely contain my happiness when she tells me that the date went well and even though they dont consider themselves a couple (yet) they kissed and spend the night together. 
Lia swears that nothing more than kissing went on between her and Lewis and I keep teasing her about it until she shushes me by asking about me and Niall.
Immediately I start gushing about him, how perfect his surprise was, how amazing our night was together and how he sat through brunch with my parents even though he was incredibly tired.
"You are one lucky bïtch Vicky", she chuckles when I am done. "Yeah I am, but you are too".
"Let's go on a double date", she proposes and I agree immediately.
After we end our call I text Elise, who is currently on vacation in Greece with her boyfriend and I tell her about the progress I made with both of my parents and how in love I am with Niall.
"You texting your second boyfriend?", Niall walks up to the couch, his hair disheveled and eyes still small from sleeping.
"No actually he is my third favourite boyfriend", I chuckle and he joins me on the couch and I rest my head in his lap.
"You set up Lewis with a friend of yours, he doesn't stop texting me about her", he chuckles and starts playing with my hair.
I grin, happy that Lewis really likes Lia just as much as she likes him.
"I would like to take the credit for it but it was kinda my mom's fault, I couldn't possible enjoy a night out with just her friends", I admit with a smirk and Niall rolls his eyes playfully.
"Lewis and I are invited to a charity event and we want to bring our beautiful girls, you free on friday night?", he smiles and I feel the excitement build up.
Last time I was so nervous and after the encounter with my father I was too upset to enjoy the night but this time it is going to be different. Lia will be there with me and if Louis and Eleanor are coming I already know some people.
"I don't know, I will have to ask my other two boyfriends, maybe they have something better for me to do on a friday night", I don't meet his eyes and I try to suppress a giggle and he gasps in fake shock.
"Something better than eating tons of good food, drinking free champagne and donate money for some cause I can't remember?"
"Nah, I think it's the best option I have, I'll come", I smile up at him and he leans down to kiss me.
"I am glad you said yes, I would have asked my new assistant if you'd say no", he laughs and I break away from him.
"Too early for jokes like this", I shake my head at him but I can't possibly be mad at him when he looks this cute.
"Sorry babe", he smiles sheepishly and pouts when I still don't move closer to him.
I give in and reach for the remote control to start a movie on Netflix before plopping down next to him again.
"I will fall asleep again but I don't want to mess up my sleep schedule any further", he groans and I run my hand though his hair.
"I thought after years of travelling the world you would be used to it", I tell him but he shakes his head.
"No it's still hard to adjust and it sucks", he whines.
"You are a baby, Niall Horan", I laugh at his whining and kiss his cheek.
He pouts again and I promise to wake him up if he falls asleep since I don't want him running around the house in the middle of the night anyway since I need to go to work tomorrow.
After we finally decided what movie to start with, we press play and fall into the fantastical world on the screen in front of us.
His arms around me and his smell make me feel so much like home and I can't help but tear up a little.
How did I end up so lucky?