I'm Gonna Protect You (Yoshida Shoyo)

Start from the beginning

"I'VE BEEN REINCARNATED INTO GINTAMA?! "

----

(Y/N) had to get used to the new life she had- she was pretty happy but also confused. Gintoki was nowhere to be found— as well as the other characters.

What she couldn't fathom was why she was the owner of Shoka Sonjuku and where the hell was the super cute Yoshida Shoyo? If she was in the Shoka Sonjuku then he should be too!

While (Y/N) was out shopping, she stumbled across a commotion happening at the river egde. "Excuse me...." She squished her way to the front of the crowd to see Yoshida Shoyo, he was tied to a cross while some men were torturing him.

'I know this!! This was before Shoyo became the leader of Naraku! How cruel!!' (Y/N) thought as she frowned and then she ran down immediately and spread her arms out in front of Shoyo as if to protect him.

"Stop it!!!"

"Huh? Who is this woman? Take her away!!" The men yelled as they tried to grab her and push her away. But, (Y/N) stood there with her feet glued to the ground.

"No!! He doesn't deserve this! No one deserves this!!" (Y/N) looked up at the men and she stole one of their swords and quickly set Shoyo free.

As he fell down from the cross, she grabbed his hand and pulled him away. "Come on, let's go!!" She yells, keeping a tight hold on his hand as she ran away to her house.

Shouyo's eyes widened slightly, as he simply followed after this woman, keeping his green eyes stuck on her figure as they both ran away.

This woman— whom he has never met before in his life, he found her weird. He was sure he never met her, but she was willing to risk her life to save him.

Him— who people feared and called as a demon. Why was there such a kind woman, who would gently save him? She wasn't scared of him, she treated him like...a normal person.

"...Here, uhm....Let me put this on you," (Y/N) hesitantly says, reaching out to Shouyo to wrap his wounds in bandages. "Don't bother." He pushed her hand away.

"But, it might get infected—"

"It healed already." He looked down, his eyes looked so lifeless. As he said, (Y/N) looked down to see his wounds closing up with a little trail of smoke. "Well, I guess you should go for a wash then, instead?" She smiled at him softly.

"Uhm, you can go ahead and bath. I'll go and buy you some new clothes!" She looked at him for a while before she held a hand out to him.

"So, uhm.....What do I call you?" (Y/N) asked Shouyo, Shouyo was still emotionless and very unresponsive. He wasn't talking— no, rather it was like he didn't want to talk with her at all. 'He didn't have the name Shouyo back then...So, what do I call him?'

"......I don't know, it's up to you." Shouyo spoke as he turned his back on her. "Wait! Uhm....How about....Shouyo?" She asked hesitantly, waiting for him to give a shrug, a groan or any sort of response— but he didn't give her any.

"Yoshida Shouyo. That'll be your name from now on!!" She declares with a smile, Shouyo who was frozen in his steps then started to move forward.

(Y/N)'s lips slowly curved into a smile. "From now on, I'm Gonna Protect You...." She softly says, hands connecting in front of her, she drew out a soft sigh before she walked out to buy him some clothes.

".....Yoshida Shouyo...." Shouyo mumbles out lowly, as he watched the watch drip from his hands. A small smile appeared on his lips, his gaze softening and he felt his chest getting warm, as if a new emotion was being set afire in his chest.